ruby and database connection

seid

3/7/2006 7:38:00 PM

any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

Pistos Christou

seid wrote:
> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

http://ruby-dbi.ruby...
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/rub...

Enjoy.

Pistos

Mark Volkmann

On 3/7/06, seid <seidma@hotmail.com> wrote:
> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

There are many ways to do this ... DBI, Og, ActiveRecord.
I found DBI difficult to get working. ActiveRecord was much easier. I
haven't tried Og yet, but it's on my list of things to do.

You'll find lots of information about using ActiveRecord on the web.
If you want to go with ActiveRecord and can't find a good example of
using it, I can send you one.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

Justin Collins

Pistos Christou wrote:
> seid wrote:
>
>> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?
>>

> http://ruby-dbi.ruby...
> http://www.kitebird.com/articles/rub...
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Pistos

Also this one for mysql specific:
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/ruby-...

-Justin

John N. Alegre

seid wrote:

> any body know how to connect to mysql database in ruby?

If you want to do anything more then connect, such as move data and present
views and you have even a remote understanding of MVC and understand
Ruby .. GET Rails!!!

john