Compiling Ruby 1.8.4 on AIX HOWTO and Binaries

Christopher Gibbons

3/7/2006 6:20:00 AM

Greetings!

First of all, I'm new to the list and to Ruby. Hopefully this is the
right place to post this, if not please let me know.

Prior to this post, I searched the net looking for information on pre-
built binaries for Ruby on AIX and could not find any. Secondly, I
looked for a HOWTO on building it for AIX and likewise came up short.

I work in a large AIX shop and found Ruby to be very handy....if I
could just find a binary or compile it on AIX....

So I figured it out for myself and documented it. I hope this helps
out others with AIX and a desire to develop Ruby on it.

Compiling Ruby on AIX HOWTO (with IBM's Visual Age for C Compiler)
http://homepage.mac.com/cjgibbons/rubyonaixhow...

Ruby Binaries for AIX 4.3.3 and 5L (tar.gz files)
http://homepage.mac.com/cjgibbons/Dow...

Christopher Gibbons