Compiling Ruby without Tk?

Scott Parkerson

3/6/2006 4:05:00 PM

Greetings,

I'm trying to package Ruby without compiling the Tcl/Tk extension.
This is so I can install Ruby on a system without X11 or Tcl/Tk.
Examining the output of configure --help doesn't seem to yield
anything obvious.

Thanks,
Scott

--
scott parkerson. geek, erstwhile prophet and fool.
just a cog in the machinery: http://www.smerpology.org...

2 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Nobuyoshi Nakada

At Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:37:06 +0900,
Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote in [ruby-talk:183087]:
> If you give invalid Tcl/Tk lib names, tcltklib may not be compiled.
> For example, "configure --with-tcllib=none --with-tklib=none".

"configure --without-tk" should work with 1.8.4.

--
Nobu Nakada