Re: new version for Zeta

Berger, Daniel

3/6/2006 3:49:00 PM

> -----Original Message-----
> From: list-bounce@example.com
> [mailto:list-bounce@example.com] On Behalf Of RafaelK
> Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:26 PM
> To: ruby-talk ML
> Subject: new version for Zeta
>

> here is the latest version for Zeta
> http://thaler-online.com/zetawiki/index.php?...

The last time I tried Ruby on BeOS the sockets didn't work right and
building extensions didn't work right. Has this been fixed?

If only Zeta didn't charge so much...

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

Ben Allen

The version of Ruby available for BeOS is an old one, the behavior you
mention may be a result of changes made to the language since then. I was
thinking about working on a BeOS/Haiku port of a recent version of Ruby. Is
there anything, RafaelK, that you learned making the Zeta port that I might
find useful? Any major hang-ups to be sure and avoid?

Thanks,
Ben