ruby gnome bindings on OSX

Robert Love

3/6/2006 3:19:00 AM

I've used Fink to install the native GTK libraries and when I try to run

ruby extconf

I get failure. It announces it ignores all libraries and counter to the
warning, there is no mkmf log file. I've tried --topdir=/sw, which is
where Fink installs things but that failed too.

How do I tell the config tool to look in a non-standard location for my
GTK libraries? All advice appreciated.
1 Answer

Logan Capaldo

On Mar 5, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Robert Love wrote:

> I've used Fink to install the native GTK libraries and when I try
> to run
>
> ruby extconf
>
> I get failure. It announces it ignores all libraries and counter
> to the
> warning, there is no mkmf log file. I've tried --topdir=/sw, which is
> where Fink installs things but that failed too.
>
> How do I tell the config tool to look in a non-standard location
> for my
> GTK libraries? All advice appreciated.

pkg-config should find the libraries. Make sure you install the -dev
versions of things.