Re: Mutual require problem

Yuu

3/2/2006 10:39:00 PM

Adam Shelly wrote:
> On 3/2/06, renaud delbru <renaud.delbru@deri.org> wrote:
>> > def self.print
>> > class Test < A
>> > end
>>
>> And the result during the execution :
>> workspace/test-divers/main.rb:10: uninitialized constant Test
>> (NameError)
>>

> Circular requires are a bad thing.
> See http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t....
>
> To avoid them, try the ruby equivalent of a forward declaration: In
> test.rb, replace
>> require 'main'
> with
>> class A; end

..or, if possible, try to not have both files referencing
eachother. It is *usually* not necessary.

> -Adam

Guest

Thank you adam for your answers,

I have resolved the problem with a toplevel file which contains
the sequence of require.

Bye.

--
Renaud Delbru

Han Holl

Another useful technique here is autoloading.
There are cases where require is needed, but in general autoload is much
better.
Looser coupling, less memory use, faster programs.

Cheers,

Han Holl