Re: Process management and control

Berger, Daniel

3/2/2006 7:33:00 PM

Unfortunately, no. Process is a module, not a class. I think the
closest you can get is to use open3 and/or watch the process table using
something like sys-proctable (on the RAA).

I think it's an idea worth considering, though.

Regards,

Dan

3 Answers

Joe Jet

On Jul 15, 1:23 am, kcpinballfan <kcpira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 15, 12:20 am, Jeff Palmer <bigshermantr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 15, 12:14 am, kcpinballfan <kcpira...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well Stern has made a couple T.V. based machines pretty recently,
> > > would any of you buy a Dexter pin if Stern released one? I think I
> > > would jump at the chance to buy one. The show is amazing, I dont know
> > > how it would be as a pin but it sure sounds sweet. Thoughts?
>
> > > Jon
>
> > Perhaps a little too brutal of a theme for the masses.
>
> Possibly more for the adult market.
>
> Jon

I really dont see how they could integrate it to a pin without simply
focusing on the killing...but even if they did make it work, its too
much of a niche show so i dont see it as a possibility.... probably my
favorite show on TV at the moment though!.

Jeff Palmer

On Jul 15, 12:23 am, kcpinballfan <kcpira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 15, 12:20 am, Jeff Palmer <bigshermantr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 15, 12:14 am, kcpinballfan <kcpira...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well Stern has made a couple T.V. based machines pretty recently,
> > > would any of you buy a Dexter pin if Stern released one? I think I
> > > would jump at the chance to buy one. The show is amazing, I dont know
> > > how it would be as a pin but it sure sounds sweet. Thoughts?
>
> > > Jon
>
> > Perhaps a little too brutal of a theme for the masses.
>
> Possibly more for the adult market.
>
> Jon

Certainly Dexter is for adults, but not to beat a dead horse, the idea
is to draw in more people to pinball, not immediately alienate or
exclude a portion of the community.

It's one thing not to like a theme (for example, many people do not
like superhero games ), but to know going in the game is not suitable
for younger players is not a good idea IMO. I thought Sopranos was a
bad idea for a game-I asked a local arcade to set the game to non-
adult mode when they had it on adult. Too many young kids were
exposed to the F-mode; this is totally unnecessary. Yes, I hear the
argument they will hear it eventually, or at school whatever, but
still, it does not add to the equation of promoting pinball.

machine.slave

As much as I love the show Dexter, I think making a pin based off ANY
TV show is a bad idea.. no matter how good the show is. Timeless
franchises are the way to go, IMO (which is why Super-hero pins work).