Rails: User-role based content

Preben

3/2/2006 7:00:00 PM

Hi everyone.

Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.

How would you model this into a rails application?

I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
based on the user.

Thanks
Preben
1 Answer

james_b

Preben wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
> page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.
>
> How would you model this into a rails application?
>
> I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
> and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
> based on the user.

You will likely get a better, faster answer for Rails questions on the
Rails mailing list:

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailma...

--
James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."
- H. Abelson and G. Sussman
(in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)