Cannot instal gettext 1.2.0 gem

James Byrne

3/1/2006 1:42:00 AM

OS = CentOS4.2
Ruby = 1.8.4
Gem = 0.8.11

When attempting to install gettext I get the following error:

# gem install gettext
Attempting local installation of 'gettext'
Local gem file not found: gettext*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'gettext'
Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-linux)
1. gettext 1.2.0 (ruby)
2. gettext 1.2.0 (mswin32)
3. gettext 1.1.1 (mswin32)
4. gettext 1.1.1 (ruby)
5. gettext 1.1.0 (mswin32)
6. gettext 1.1.0 (ruby)
7. gettext 1.0.0 (mswin32)
8. gettext 1.0.0 (ruby)
9. Cancel installation
> 1
can't find header files for ruby.
ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/gettext-1.2.0 for inspection.
ruby extconf.rb install gettext\n

Results logged to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/gettext-1.2.0/ext/gettext/gem_make.out

# cat /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/gettext-1.2.0/ext/gettext/gem_make.out

ruby extconf.rb install gettext

What am I doing wrong?

Jim

Stavs

On Jul 14, 7:21 pm, MrBally <americannleag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 14, 7:13 pm, ScottinSGFNY <scottcher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Auction:
>
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-BLACK-AND-TERMINATOR-3-PINBAL......
>
> > I made a Best Offer on it - it was accepted.
> > I E-mailed to make arrangements for picking them up and here are the
> > replys::
>
> > 1st reply::
> > Sorry, they are sold.
>
> > - 01viperrt10
>
> > 2nd reply::
> > Sorry, There were 4 people that were able to buy them on my
> > listing.
>
> > - 01viperrt10
>
> > So - what's up with that?? I guess I just leave a Negative Feedback
> > and move on.......
>
> If that's what really happened to you;
>
> 1. Leave "Double top secret" negative feedback. Use as caustic a
> statement as possible in the given space.
>
> 2. If you have a full name, post it here, in fact, consider a new
> thread withe an A$$HOLE ALERT title. Along with the non-seller's ebay
> handle. They know how to end an auction early. Shame on them.

This is who it is:

WEATHERPROOF SYSTEMS LLC.
860 212-2999
70 Sanford Ave
Unionville, CT

ScottinSGFNY

On Jul 14, 7:42 pm, Stavs <splatterh...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jul 14, 7:21 pm, MrBally <americannleag...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 14, 7:13 pm, ScottinSGFNY <scottcher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Auction:
>
> > >http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-BLACK-AND-TERMINATOR-3-PINBAL.......
>
> > > I made a Best Offer on it - it was accepted.
> > > I E-mailed to make arrangements for picking them up and here are the
> > > replys::
>
> > > 1st reply::
> > > Sorry, they are sold.
>
> > > - 01viperrt10
>
> > > 2nd reply::
> > > Sorry, There were 4 people that were able to buy them on my
> > > listing.
>
> > > - 01viperrt10
>
> > > So - what's up with that?? I guess I just leave a Negative Feedback
> > > and move on.......
>
> > If that's what really happened to you;
>
> > 1. Leave "Double top secret" negative feedback. Use as caustic a
> > statement as possible in the given space.
>
> > 2. If you have a full name, post it here, in fact, consider a new
> > thread withe an A$$HOLE ALERT title. Along with the non-seller's ebay
> > handle. They know how to end an auction early. Shame on them.
>
> This is who it is:
>
> WEATHERPROOF SYSTEMS LLC.
> 860 212-2999
> 70 Sanford Ave
> Unionville, CT- Hide quoted text -

This is the seller info from Ebay in case anyone cares:

Seller: 01viperrt10 [contact seller]

Seller Information: brian binette
unionville, CT 06085 United States

Anyone heard of this guy before?