Visual debuggers for Ruby

Asfand Yar Qazi

I normally use DDD for debugging my C/C++ code, and know it can debug Perl
scripts. What graphical debugging is available for Ruby? I found KDevelop,
but using it as a graphical debugger seems a bit overkill.

Thanks

--
To reply, take of all ZIGs !!

Alternative email address: emailZIG@asfandyarZIG.cjbZIG.net
8 Answers

James Herdman

Have you tried this? http://mr-guid.ruby...

James

Edwin van Leeuwen

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> What graphical debugging is available for Ruby?
Mr GUID:
http://mr-guid.ruby...

> Thanks
No problem

Meinrad Recheis

On 2/28/06, Asfand Yar Qazi <ayZIG0106@qazizig.f2szig.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I normally use DDD for debugging my C/C++ code, and know it can debug Perl
> scripts. What graphical debugging is available for Ruby? I found
> KDevelop,
> but using it as a graphical debugger seems a bit overkill.
>
> Thanks
> check out "Mr. Guid". however it is not working on windows currently.
> hth,
> -- henon
>

> --
> To reply, take of all ZIGs !!
>
> Alternative email address: emailZIG@asfandyarZIG.cjbZIG.net

Justin Collins

Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I normally use DDD for debugging my C/C++ code, and know it can debug
> Perl scripts. What graphical debugging is available for Ruby? I
> found KDevelop, but using it as a graphical debugger seems a bit
> overkill.
>
> Thanks

There have been several posts lately about a new graphical debugger for
ruby:

http://mr-guid.ruby...

-Justin

Asfand Yar Qazi

Many thanks all!

--
To reply, take of all ZIGs !!

Alternative email address: emailZIG@asfandyarZIG.cjbZIG.net

Jeff Jones

James H. wrote:
> Have you tried this? http://mr-guid.ruby...
>
> James

Just looking at this quickly, can it be used to debug a Ruby on Rails
web application? Looking at it's startup modes it doesn't look like it
but hey, I am a noob!

Thanks

Jeff

Michael Trier

Also, look into arachnoruby
(http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby/ruby_ide_and_ruby_...) It has an
excellent graphic debugger. But I do not know how good the linux
support is.

Michael

Curt Hibbs

On 3/1/06, Michael Trier <mtrier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, look into arachnoruby
> (http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby/ruby_ide_and_ruby_...) It has an
> excellent graphic debugger. But I do not know how good the linux
> support is.

I can second this -- its probably the best graphical debugger
available at the moment., but it is a commercial IDE. ActiveState's
Komodo IDE also has a graphical debugger that is good but slow (the
last time I used it -- they may have fixed this).

If you're look for open source, then you can find graphical debuggers
in the RDT Eclipse plugin, and FreeRIDE.

Curt