Wherefore art thou RedCloth 3.1?

Bil Kleb

2/28/2006 2:08:00 PM

In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:

> Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
> coming months.
>
> RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs. I am reconciling
> LaTeX and Docbook patches right now. I also have a ClibPDF patch.

Have the PDF output plans been tabled?

Thanks,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.lar...

BTW, ?Wherefore? means ?why? according to
http://www.cjr.org/tools/lc/whe...
2 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 2/28/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:
> >
> > Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
> > coming months.
> >
> > RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs. I am reconciling
> > LaTeX and Docbook patches right now. I also have a ClibPDF patch.
>
> Have the PDF output plans been tabled?

Whoa! If Redcloth gets these things, it'll make Ruport's life a lot easier!

Jay Levitt

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 00:48:44 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:

> On 2/28/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
>> In ruby-talk 129874 (7 Feb '05), why the lucky stiff wrote:
>> >
>> > Let me give you a roadmap of what to expect with RedCloth 3 in the
>> > coming months.
>> >
>> > RedCloth 3.1 will focus on getting us diverse outputs. I am reconciling
>> > LaTeX and Docbook patches right now. I also have a ClibPDF patch.
>>
>> Have the PDF output plans been tabled?
>
> Whoa! If Redcloth gets these things, it'll make Ruport's life a lot easier!

Don't get too excited - I was all atwitter too until I realized that that
post was from February *2005*. RedCloth dev isn't quite dead - svn log
shows occasional checkins to trunk in the past few months - but I haven't
seen any talk of release anywhere, or even acknowledgement of the known
bugs in 3.0.4, the redcloth-upwards mailing list is dormant, and questions
here go unanswered by the authors.

Sniff.

Jay Levitt