[ANN] Ruby-VPI 0.1

Suraj Kurapati

2/28/2006 12:46:00 AM

3 Answers

Jaybird

Thank, Jim. But unless I misunderstand your point, this method would
only give me the row in column C of Sheet1 that has the contents of A1
of the current worksheet in it. What I need is a way to reference the
relevant cells in the same row. That is, the cells of row X that is
the result of the match function. Am I making a false assumption?

Jaybird

I can see that OFFSET is not going to work. It doesn't do what I
thought it did. Makes sense. If I understand it correctly, INDEX
might be what I'm looking for. However, I can't see how it will work
without having the result of my MATCH function embedded within it. To
recap, I'm trying to figure out which row of sheet1 contains the
contents of A1 of the current sheet. (This is the result of my MATCH
formula) Then, I need to be able to reference the rest of the cells
in that row on the current worksheet. This is the problem I'm having.

Jaybird

Yep. It works. Thanks very much! I'd tried to drag the formula
over, but it doesn't want to without losing the reference. I'm going
to just have to do it one cell at a time.