[ANN] ruby-oci8 0.1.14

KUBO Takehiro

2/26/2006 10:13:00 AM

ruby-oci8 0.1.14 is released.
This is a Oracle module using OCI8 API.

URL:http://rubyforge.org/projects/...

What's new:

* add OCI8#prefetch_rows=.

This specifies the number of rows in a single round trip.
The default value is one.
See: http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_oracle_driver/performance_tuning_guide.html#mul...

In addition, setting zero may become a workaround of some
Oracle internal problems.

* fix bug when binding a Bignum.

* (low-level API) add attrSet(OCI_ATTR_DESC_PUBLIC, -1).

* (low-level API) add a constant OCI_PTYPE_UNK.

--
KUBO Takehiro
email: kubo@jiubao.org

3 Answers

Wilson Bilkovich

On 2/26/06, KUBO Takehiro <kubo@jiubao.org> wrote:
> ruby-oci8 0.1.14 is released.
> This is a Oracle module using OCI8 API.
>
> URL:http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
>
> What's new:
>
> * add OCI8#prefetch_rows=.
>
> This specifies the number of rows in a single round trip.
> The default value is one.
> See: http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_oracle_driver/performance_tuning_guide.html#mul...
>
> In addition, setting zero may become a workaround of some
> Oracle internal problems.
>
> * fix bug when binding a Bignum.
>
> * (low-level API) add attrSet(OCI_ATTR_DESC_PUBLIC, -1).
>
> * (low-level API) add a constant OCI_PTYPE_UNK.

Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.

Ollivier Robert

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> On 2/26/06, KUBO Takehiro <kubo@jiubao.org> wrote:
>> The default value is one.
>>
> Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
> dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.

Same from here. I'm using it regularely on several machines (Solaris
and MacOS X) without problems. Works great.

Thanks.

Steven Lumos