FOX widget layout

Mark Volkmann

2/25/2006 10:53:00 PM

Does FOX have a layout manager that can layout widgets in rows and
columns AND allow a widget to span more than one row and/or column?
Tk can do this. In Java Swing I do this with GridBagLayout. FOX has
the layout FXMatrix, but I didn't see a way to span rows and columns.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

7 Answers

Meinrad Recheis

On 2/25/06, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does FOX have a layout manager that can layout widgets in rows and
> columns AND allow a widget to span more than one row and/or column?
> Tk can do this. In Java Swing I do this with GridBagLayout. FOX has
> the layout FXMatrix, but I didn't see a way to span rows and columns.

afaik, there is no such layout.
FXTable can span cells, but the cells can only display text and icons. no
possibility to link widgets in.

however it is possible to write your own layout algorithm using the
LAYOUT_EXPLICIT setting and letting the algorithm manage the
widgets x/y/width/height attributes. if you happen to do this please share
the code with us ^^.

hth,
-- henon

tankfixer

In article <aacr95lkv9jb5f54a1rmg5guaatvrgcflj@4ax.com>,
Science@Science.com says...

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:00:20 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Not in this society---nor in the 18th century, nor in
> >> the minds of the founders, or anyone else for that
> >> matter.
> >
> >Go try to take some money out of someones pocket and see how that turns
> >out for you.
>
> I'm not the government
>
> The Government has the right to take money out of your
> pocket, legally, ethically, and morally.

They certainly can tax me and take a portion of my minoy, hafn't an
issue with that.
At issue is your silly notion that that money in my pocket isn't mine.

> I like to sit on the sidelines and see whiney little
> fuckwits cry and whine.

So you are one of those freeloaders then...

tankfixer

In article <oecr95dv1fgo0qksia9eromv3pnc1ma094@4ax.com>,
Science@Science.com says...

> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:02:11 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I'm "wrapped up" in the history of legal, moral,
> >> ethical and constitutionality of taxation of people who
> >> live in this society.
> >
> >You are wrapped up in the envy of those who have more than you..
>
> Nope, I like to listen to you whiners cry----
>
> I don't give a rats ass if you have a dozen yachts---as
> long as you pay your taxes

Spoken llike the true leech you appear to be..

Jim Alder

tankfixer <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.250766f555fb8c8e244
@news.bytemine.net:

> In article <aacr95lkv9jb5f54a1rmg5guaatvrgcflj@4ax.com>,
> Science@Science.com says...

>> >Go try to take some money out of someones pocket and see how that turns
>> >out for you.
>>
>> I'm not the government
>>
>> The Government has the right to take money out of your pocket, legally,
>> ethically, and morally.
>
> They certainly can tax me and take a portion of my minoy, hafn't an
> issue with that.

Tell it that governments do not HAVE rights. They have power.

> At issue is your silly notion that that money in my pocket isn't mine.
>
>> I like to sit on the sidelines and see whiney little fuckwits cry and
>> whine.
>
> So you are one of those freeloaders then...

No, he's one of those shitheads.

--
So, how's that whole "hopey - changey"
thing working out for you so far?

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:00:20 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Not in this society---nor in the 18th century, nor in
>>> the minds of the founders, or anyone else for that
>>> matter.
>> Go try to take some money out of someones pocket and see how that turns
>> out for you.
>
> I'm not the government
>
> The Government has the right to

Government has *NO* rights. Governments have power; never rights.

Daz

<Science@Science.com> wrote in message news:aacr95lkv9jb5f54a1rmg5guaatvrgcflj@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:00:20 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Not in this society---nor in the 18th century, nor in
>>> the minds of the founders, or anyone else for that
>>> matter.
>>
>>Go try to take some money out of someones pocket and see how that turns
>>out for you.
>
> I'm not the government

Then you are not a registered voter?
Not a US citizen?

> The Government has the right to take money out of your
> pocket, legally, ethically, and morally.

Governments do NOT have Rights. People have Rights.

> I like to sit on the sidelines and see whiney little
> fuckwits cry and whine.

Using a mirror no doubt.

John

Science

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 18:15:06 -0700, tankfixer
<paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The Government has the right to take money out of your
>> pocket, legally, ethically, and morally.
>
>They certainly can tax me and take a portion of my minoy, hafn't an
>issue with that.
>At issue is your silly notion that that money in my pocket isn't mine.

Well, we've got you to admit that taxation is legal,
moral, and ethical

Where you keep your money isn't of interest to me.