Tk horizontal scrollbar infinite loop

Chris

I'm having a bizarre problem with Ruby/Tk. I'm running OS X 10.4 with
the standard ruby:

ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0]

The code below is the simplest code that reproduces the problem.
Namely, when run, I see my window and scrollbar flicker rapidly,
apparently between two different sizes.

----
require 'tk'

top = TkRoot.new
f = TkFrame.new(top)
sb = TkScrollbar.new(f,'orient'=>'horizontal')
sb.pack('side'=>'bottom')
f.pack
Tk.mainloop
--

All of this is required. It works fine:
* without the intermediate frame, f

Any help would be much appreciated. Please e-mail any replies to me at
calfeld@math.utah.edu as I do not read this group regularly.

Thank you,
Chris

10 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Chris

Chris

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Chris

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Chris

Chris

Hidetoshi NAGAI

tony summerfelt

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:47:03 +0900, you wrote:

>> I conclude that this is a Tcl/Tk Framework bug, not a Ruby/Tk bug.

>That is an unfortunate situation for you.
>However, That is a good news for Ruby/Tk. ;-)

i assume someone sent off the bug report to activestate? i imagine
they'd want to get that fixed :)
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ts...
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org