Net::HTTP and submitting forms

charlie bowman

2/23/2006 11:14:00 PM

I have a little snippet of code I wrote but it doesn't go to the correct
page. The script pulls the data off of index.php but not
index.php?pid=fact&person=chuck. What am I doing wrong?

require 'net/http'
res = Net::HTTP.post_form(URI.parse('http://www.4q.cc/inde...),
{'pid'=>'fact', 'person'=>'chuck'})
puts res.body

charlie bowman
recentrambles.com

Adam Keys

On Feb 23, 2006, at 5:13 PM, charlie bowman wrote:
> I have a little snippet of code I wrote but it doesn't go to the
> correct
> page. The script pulls the data off of index.php but not
> index.php?pid=fact&person=chuck. What am I doing wrong?
>
> require 'net/http'
> res = Net::HTTP.post_form(URI.parse('http://www.4q.cc/inde...),
> {'pid'=>'fact', 'person'=>'chuck'})
> puts res.body

#post_form will put the parameters you pass in the request body. If
your PHP script doesn't care about GET or POST, you could make the
request like any other GET, appending ?pid=fact&person=chuck to your
URL.

--
~akk
http://there...