Writers needed for The Ruby Bookshelf project

julian.kamil@gmail.com

2/22/2006 7:24:00 PM

I'd like to get help in converting existing open-licensed Ruby language
related contents into Pandora format to be published at:

http://books.rub...

See this as an example:

http://books.rub...books/RubyNewsGroupFAQ/Introduction/RubyNewsGroupFAQ

The required skills are:

- the ability to cut and paste and edit text into Textile and Silk Veil
format; and

- a good understanding of usability principles to be able to convert
existing (sometimes hard to read) contents into Pandora books that are
more structured, more readable, and more usable; and

- the ability to make occasional typographical and language corrections
in the original contents.

Please contact me by email at mailto:julian.kamil@gmail.com if you are
interested in helping with this project. Point me to existing materials
that you have worked on so that I can have a feel of your usability and
writing skills.

Thanks, and best regards,

Julian I. Kamil <julian.kamil@gmail.com>
Pandora Project Administrator
http://pandora.rub...
http://books.rub...

19 Answers

Science

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:27:18 -0700, tankfixer
<paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, Rhodesia did redistribute the wealth..

Didni't

It confiscated wealth and gave it away

That's not "redistribution" in a functioning society

Science

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:27:18 -0700, tankfixer
<paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:

>Why don't you go educate yourself a bit and come back..

You mean instead of some idiotic "rhodesia" nonsense
you're crying about?

Science

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:29:57 -0700, Wilson Woods
<banmilk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Does Rhodesia redistribute wealth or not?
>
>Yes, farmland -

It confiscated land---and without a functioning society
was not rational

Russia's population could not have survived if all the
land were just confiscated and handed over to the
"peasants"---there would still have been no functioning
government

They got a despotic government---which eventually
controlled the society

But that has nothing to do with WHY the revolution was
able to occur.

Science

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:39:32 -0700, tankfixer
<paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What "wealth redistribution" are you referring
>> to---since I didn't mention any specific
>
>The government confiscated some persons property and let the mobs
>destroy it

Thats not redistribution---that's confiscation

You even said so

Be a good Loonytarian and claim any "taxation" is
"confiscation" and be comic relief

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:03:40 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You should care about Rhodesia..
>
> Your entire rebuttal

Beats you.

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:16:55 -0700, Wilson Woods
> <banmilk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Redistribution is the issue
>> You keep insisting it isn't the issue. It *is* the issue.
>
> You keep insisting whether it worked

It could never work, and was only the pretext for seizing power.

The Russian revolution was about illegitimate exercise of power...oh,
and murder.

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:27:18 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, Rhodesia did redistribute the wealth..
>
> Didni't

It did. The result was catastrophe - as usual.

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:29:57 -0700, Wilson Woods
> <banmilk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Does Rhodesia redistribute wealth or not?
>> Yes, farmland -
>
> It confiscated land

It redistributed farmland, and catastrophe resulted.

Redistribution doesn't work.

You don't know a thing.

Ron Hamilton

Science@Science.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:39:32 -0700, tankfixer
> <paul.carrier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> What "wealth redistribution" are you referring
>>> to---since I didn't mention any specific
>> The government confiscated some persons property and let the mobs
>> destroy it
>
> Thats not redistribution---that's confiscation

The confiscated property was redistributed, and the result - as always -
was catastrophe.

Daz

"Wilson Woods" <banmilk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0_ydnVJN_tJrsgDXnZ2dnUVZ_uVi4p2d@earthlink.com...
> Science@Science.com wrote:

>>> You keep insisting it isn't the issue. It *is* the issue.
>>
>> You keep insisting whether it worked
>
> It could never work, and was only the pretext for seizing power.
>
> The Russian revolution was about illegitimate exercise of power...oh,
> and murder.

Illegitimate by the Tsars or the Bolsheviks?

John