Re: puts behaviour

Berger, Daniel

2/22/2006 4:37:00 PM

Why?

> When I run my test
> harness using ruby -w test/testcase.rb the first "puts" in the second
> method prefixes the output string with a '.' I cannot seem to locate
> any reference to this behaviour. Under what circumstances
> does "puts"
> without any argument produce '.' as output?

I think you're just seeing the default testrunner behavior.

Dan

3 Answers

James Byrne

Berger, Daniel wrote:

>> I have a number of "puts" in my testcase file.
>
> Why?

So that I could see certain values as they changed while developing the
test cases. They are all gone now. But the leading -dot- on some of my
directory paths was most confusing for a few moments.

Regards,
Jim

gathering of eagles

On 8/28/2011 6:15 PM, 6219 Dead, 1362 since 1/20/09 wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:44:11 -0400, gathering of eagles wrote:
>
>> On 8/28/2011 4:53 PM, Knifefight Afterdance wrote:
>>
>>> Only morons believe that the NYC subway trains& buses should've
>>> stopped running. They don't stop in a blizzard.
>>
>> Does a blizzard pour millions of tons of water into them at once?
>
> Yeah, actually, it does. In the form of frozen water vapor.

A blizzard fills the subway tubes "at once"? I'd like to see your proof
of that.

>> Grow a brain.
>>
>>> When was the LAST TIME the subway shut down, genius?
>>
>> When was the last time people were told to go to the La. Superdome
>> instead of bussing to safer ground, genius?
>>
>>> Please tell the world the last time there was a "10 or 15 foot storm
>>> surge that flood[ed] the subway system".
>>
>> Please tell the world you really think it's sensible NOT to plan for
>> such an event with a massive hurricane on the move.
>
> What massive hurricane?

Don't be coy, bubbles. Irene was a massive storm in size if not total
impact.

Grow up.

Steve

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:15:09 +0000 (UTC), "6219 Dead, 1362 since
1/20/09" <dead@gone.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:44:11 -0400, gathering of eagles wrote:
>
>> On 8/28/2011 4:53 PM, Knifefight Afterdance wrote:
>>
>>> Only morons believe that the NYC subway trains& buses should've
>>> stopped running. They don't stop in a blizzard.
>>
>> Does a blizzard pour millions of tons of water into them at once?
>
>Yeah, actually, it does. In the form of frozen water vapor.
>>
>> Grow a brain.
>>
>>> When was the LAST TIME the subway shut down, genius?
>>
>> When was the last time people were told to go to the La. Superdome
>> instead of bussing to safer ground, genius?
>>
>>> Please tell the world the last time there was a "10 or 15 foot storm
>>> surge that flood[ed] the subway system".
>>
>> Please tell the world you really think it's sensible NOT to plan for
>> such an event with a massive hurricane on the move.
>
>What massive hurricane?

<chuckle> Anybody that thought Irene was not a massive hurricane was
not paying attention.