Re: rubynuby - client side Ruby?

Hristo Deshev

2/22/2006 5:45:00 AM

Hi Jeff,On 2/22/06, Jeff Pritchard <jp@jeffpritchard.com> wrote:>> I would like to be able to do client-side scripting things that in the> past have been done with javascript embedded in html pages...with Ruby> instead of javascript.I agree with James and Tony that you would be better off doing theclient-side scripting in JavaScript. ActiveScript Ruby will make that bondwith Internet Explorer unbreakable. Anyway, I've tried it and it workedfine for my simple tests (getElementById, set value, etc).You might want to check out the prototype.js library. It's Ruby friendly,and its Enumerable module that mixes in collection methods like each,collect, grep, inject into the Array prototype is really cool.Hristo Deshev
1 Answer

Hristo Deshev

On 2/22/06, Hristo Deshev <hristo.deshev@gmail.com> wrote:You might want to check out the prototype.js library. It's Ruby friendly,> and its Enumerable module that mixes in collection methods like each,> collect, grep, inject into the Array prototype is really cool.>Forgot the link:http://prototype.conio.... Deshev