perl equiv.

Tom Allison

2/20/2006 10:41:00 PM

I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
Net::Server.

It's rather complete as a server.
Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.

I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, but I
would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface and a
Net::Server::PreFork interface.

suggestions?

3 Answers

Robert Klemme

2006/2/20, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net>:
> I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
> Net::Server.
>
> It's rather complete as a server.
> Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.
>
> I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, but I
> would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface and a
> Net::Server::PreFork interface.
>
> suggestions?

Do these help?

Net::TCPServer
DBI

robert

--
Have a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fu...

Tom Allison

Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2006/2/20, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net>:
>
>>I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
>>Net::Server.
>>
>>It's rather complete as a server.
>>Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.
>>
>>I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, but I
>>would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface and a
>>Net::Server::PreFork interface.
>>
>>suggestions?
>

> Do these help?
>
> Net::TCPServer
> DBI
>
> robert

This is frustrating.
I installed the debian package for ruby dbi but there's nothing in the 'ri'
docs. Is this a part of the stdlib?

http://www.ruby-doc.o...
doesn't give much useful information in the docs.
just a list of methods under dbm with no examples, format, args, words of any
kind...

ugh?

Austin Ziegler

On 2/25/06, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:> This is frustrating. I installed the debian package for ruby dbi but there's nothing in the 'ri'> docs. Is this a part of the stdlib?No. Ruby's DBI is a separate project and not part of the Ruby stdlib.ri documentation is also not typically updated. I find that debianpackages are usually out of date and the DBI team has just recentlyhad a new release. See: http://ruby-dbi.rubyfo... works very similarly to Perl's DBI module.-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca