\n on windows?

Alex Combas

2/20/2006 3:00:00 AM

improper output:irb(main):034:0> YAML::dump m=> "--- !ruby/object:MailTruck \ndriver: Harold\nroute: \n- 12 Corrigan Way\n- 23 Antler Ave\n"irb(main):034:0>expected output: irb(main):033:0> YAML::dump m --- !ruby/object:MailTruck driver: Harold route: - 12 Corrigan Way - 23 Antler Aveirb(main):034:0>Is this an issue with cmd.exe or irb?Anyone know how to fix this situation?--Alex Combashttp://noodlejunkie.blo...
11 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 2/19/06, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:
> improper output:
> irb(main):034:0> YAML::dump m
> => "--- !ruby/object:MailTruck \ndriver: Harold\nroute: \n- 12 Corrigan Way\n- 2
> 3 Antler Ave\n"
> irb(main):034:0>
>

> expected output:
> irb(main):033:0> YAML::dump m
> --- !ruby/object:MailTruck
> driver: Harold
> route:
> - 12 Corrigan Way
> - 23 Antler Ave
> irb(main):034:0>
>
> Is this an issue with cmd.exe or irb?
> Anyone know how to fix this situation?

neither. irb was showing you the return value of your function call
effectively, p whatever

try:
puts(YAML::dump(m))

Alex Combas

On 2/19/06, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com> wrote:> On 2/19/06, Alex Combas <alex.combas@gmail.com> wrote:> > improper output:> > irb(main):034:0> YAML::dump m> > => "--- !ruby/object:MailTruck \ndriver: Harold\nroute: \n- 12 Corrigan Way\n- 2> > 3 Antler Ave\n"> > irb(main):034:0>> >> >> > expected output:> > irb(main):033:0> YAML::dump m> > --- !ruby/object:MailTruck> > driver: Harold> > route:> > - 12 Corrigan Way> > - 23 Antler Ave> > irb(main):034:0>> >> > Is this an issue with cmd.exe or irb?> > Anyone know how to fix this situation?>> neither. irb was showing you the return value of your function call> effectively, p whatever>> try:> puts(YAML::dump(m))poof!I love it when bugs just evaporate.--Alex Combashttp://noodlejunkie.blo...

David Vallner

Dna Pondelok 20 Február 2006 04:09 Gregory Brown napísal:
> neither. irb was showing you the return value of your function call
> effectively, p whatever
>
> try:
> puts(YAML::dump(m))

Meh. So gruesomely verbose ;P Quoting yaml.rb:

#
# ryan:: You know how Kernel.p is a really convenient way to dump ruby
# structures? The only downside is that it's not as legible as
# YAML.
#
# _why:: (listening)
#
# ryan:: I know you don't want to urinate all over your users' namespaces.
# But, on the other hand, convenience of dumping for debugging is,
# IMO, a big YAML use case.
#
# _why:: Go nuts! Have a pony parade!
#
# ryan:: Either way, I certainly will have a pony parade.
#

(Definition of Kernel#y follows.)

Use:
y m

David Vallner
Having a pony parade

Carrie

"Mike" <gurustomper@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Sep 25, 3:38 pm, "Song" <sings...@music.net> wrote:
> So, it appears that you're having a problem manipulating some woman who
> you're trying to be the
> boss of, Mike. Does she know about your alter-ego, "Jasmine"? That's
> pretty sad! Nice to have
> this little sandbox to play in though, must make you feel real good about
> yourself, huh!

Glad to see you ae still an idiot.

Is that a typical male response? (LOL)

On Sep 26, 12:05 am, Jasmine <zehno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 2:09 pm, Mike <gurustom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 24, 4:12 pm, Jasmine <zehno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > first of all, I do not feel comfortable asking these questions of men
> > > but I feel the need to ask. secondly, I realize that there would be
> > > some controversy attached to these questions eventhough that is not
> > > the intention. Here it goes:
>
> > > What does it mean to be a man in the world today?
>
> > Depends upon one's culture. Give me an option.
>
> > > How does a man stand up to a woman/women respectfully, so as not to be
> > > run into the ground mentally, physically, and financially?
>
> > By finding the right woman.
>
> > > What advice would you give to a man that is suffering from a low self
> > > esteem and is completely distressed by the women in his life?
>
> > Know thyself. Endure or change.
>
> > > How may a man lift himself up with respect and re-connect with the
> > > Lord?
>
> > Lose self-importance.
>
> > > Advice is wanted in order for me to get ideas of how to speak to one
> > > of our brothers, I implore any one (male or female) with positive
> > > input to lay it out there for me. I'm lost on the subject of how to
> > > speak to a man who is clearly being used and abused by women. Weird
> > > stuff, but i'm serious that i'm an idiot when it comes to thinking
> > > like a guy much less giving one advice on how to deal with difficult
> > > people.
>
> > Take a moment and consider this idea. First, men and
> > women are more alike than different. Second, here, in
> > my opinion is the significant difference: a woman prefers
> > beauty before power; a man prefers power before beauty.
> > Said another way, a woman is first influenced by feeling
> > and then by desire. A man first is influenced by desire
> > and then by feeling. In terms of a one on one relationship
> > this means that a woman, usually, develops feeling for
> > a man before she develops desire for him. A man, generally,
> > desires a woman and then develops feelings for her.
>
> > > please do not take offense to my questions.
>
> > > God Bless.
>
> > In the same vein, please do not take offense
> > at my answers.
>
> I like your answers, you are my identical male twin. LOL, GOVINDA help
> me!- Hide quoted text -

According to Noggin we are identically the same person:
John posing as you posing as me posing as John and on
and on. Maybe Govinda will help Katie.

The only one I was ever accused of being, besides myself was Joe Jesseph
on Course_Talk. Or maybe it was the spin off unmoderated Coarse_Talk. When I
joined I was accused of being Joe Jesseph using a fake name and ID.
Joe (and his wife) emailed me, to assure me I wasn't (LOL)

Carrie

<suebrd@aol.com> wrote in message
On Sep 26, 8:19 am, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mike" <gurustom...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 26, 12:05 am, Jasmine <zehno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Depends upon one's culture. Give me an option.

> > > By finding the right woman.

> > > Know thyself. Endure or change.

> > > Lose self-importance.

> > > Take a moment and consider this idea. First, men and
> > > women are more alike than different. Second, here, in
> > > my opinion is the significant difference: a woman prefers
> > > beauty before power; a man prefers power before beauty.
> > > Said another way, a woman is first influenced by feeling
> > > and then by desire. A man first is influenced by desire
> > > and then by feeling. In terms of a one on one relationship
> > > this means that a woman, usually, develops feeling for
> > > a man before she develops desire for him. A man, generally,
> > > desires a woman and then develops feelings for her.

> > > In the same vein, please do not take offense
> > > at my answers.
>
> > I like your answers, you are my identical male twin. LOL, GOVINDA help
> > me!- Hide quoted text -

> According to Noggin we are identically the same person:
> John posing as you posing as me posing as John and on
> and on. Maybe Govinda will help Katie.
>
> The only one I was ever accused of being, besides myself was Joe Jesseph
> on Course_Talk. Or maybe it was the spin off unmoderated Coarse_Talk. When
> joined I was accused of being Joe Jesseph using a fake name and ID.
> Joe (and his wife) emailed me, to assure me I wasn't (LOL)

That is the wildest one I've heard yet. They had to be joking.
Unless it was Katie.

Katie wasn't around.
It was mainly "Mike Down Under". He even emailed me saying "I know you are
really Joe, so stop the games". A few others, the ones I think of as "old
time Coursies" from that era (on the newsgroup, too but I wasn't part of
that, then)
I think it had something to do with Ken W's lawyer being named "Carrie"
(Fletcher) I wasn't aware of that at the time and the past history of Joe
(and his reporting to Ken W) and Course_Talk and Coarse_Talk. Actually, the
way I remmbered it, I thought there was only one group (Course_Talk) I had
been told about and invited to join (maybe they were bored) and joined
Coarse_Talk first. I didn't realize at the time there were two groups, with
the word spelled differently.
I think Coarse_Talk was the unmoderated fun one (LOL)
Years ago, I'd get emails from Joe Jesseph at times (pointing something
out to me, explaining something, telling me I had something wrong based on
something I had written on a board orgroup. Sometimes he'd say HE didn't
read on the group, but someone had brought it to his attention) and a few
times from his wife, Rebecca. Or, maybe it was Joe using that name and ID
(LOL)
And later I actually had communication with Carrie Fletcher (via email)
when someone brought it to her attention (or Ken's) that my little nothing
board I called "Sharing" had people quoting ACIM on it ILLEGALLY! Even
though it was a server.com board, I had set up and didn't "moderate" she
said I was responsible for making sure nobody quoted ACIM on it in an
illegal way. Even posting the daily lessons (which someone had started)
wasn't allowed.

On Sep 26, 7:13 am, Mike <gurustom...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 12:05 am, Jasmine <zehno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Depends upon one's culture. Give me an option.

> > > By finding the right woman.

> > > Know thyself. Endure or change.

> > > Lose self-importance.

> > > Take a moment and consider this idea. First, men and
> > > women are more alike than different. Second, here, in
> > > my opinion is the significant difference: a woman prefers
> > > beauty before power; a man prefers power before beauty.
> > > Said another way, a woman is first influenced by feeling
> > > and then by desire. A man first is influenced by desire
> > > and then by feeling. In terms of a one on one relationship
> > > this means that a woman, usually, develops feeling for
> > > a man before she develops desire for him. A man, generally,
> > > desires a woman and then develops feelings for her.

> > > In the same vein, please do not take offense
> > > at my answers.
>
> > I like your answers, you are my identical male twin. LOL, GOVINDA help
> > me!- Hide quoted text -

> According to Noggin we are identically the same person:
> John posing as you posing as me posing as John and on
> and on. Maybe Govinda will help Katie.

Are you sure? I thought it was Mike Ryder.

According to ACIM we are all One.

On Sep 26, 10:22 am, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <sue...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 26, 8:19 am, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Mike" <gurustom...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I like your answers, you are my identical male twin. LOL, GOVINDA help
> > > me!- Hide quoted text -

> > According to Noggin we are identically the same person:
> > John posing as you posing as me posing as John and on
> > and on. Maybe Govinda will help Katie.
>
> > The only one I was ever accused of being, besides myself was Joe Jesseph
> > on Course_Talk. Or maybe it was the spin off unmoderated Coarse_Talk.
> > When
> > joined I was accused of being Joe Jesseph using a fake name and ID.
> > Joe (and his wife) emailed me, to assure me I wasn't (LOL)
>
> That is the wildest one I've heard yet. They had to be joking.
> Unless it was Katie.
>
> Katie wasn't around.
> It was mainly "Mike Down Under". He even emailed me saying "I know you are
> really Joe, so stop the games". A few others, the ones I think of as "old
> time Coursies" from that era (on the newsgroup, too but I wasn't part of
> that, then)
> I think it had something to do with Ken W's lawyer being named "Carrie"
> (Fletcher) I wasn't aware of that at the time and the past history of Joe
> (and his reporting to Ken W) and Course_Talk and Coarse_Talk. Actually,
> the
> way I remmbered it, I thought there was only one group (Course_Talk) I had
> been told about and invited to join (maybe they were bored) and joined
> Coarse_Talk first. I didn't realize at the time there were two groups,
> with
> the word spelled differently.
> I think Coarse_Talk was the unmoderated fun one (LOL)
> Years ago, I'd get emails from Joe Jesseph at times (pointing something
> out to me, explaining something, telling me I had something wrong based on
> something I had written on a board orgroup. Sometimes he'd say HE didn't
> read on the group, but someone had brought it to his attention) and a few
> times from his wife, Rebecca. Or, maybe it was Joe using that name and ID
> (LOL)
> And later I actually had communication with Carrie Fletcher (via email)
> when someone brought it to her attention (or Ken's) that my little nothing
> board I called "Sharing" had people quoting ACIM on it ILLEGALLY! Even
> though it was a server.com board, I had set up and didn't "moderate" she
> said I was responsible for making sure nobody quoted ACIM on it in an
> illegal way. Even posting the daily lessons (which someone had started)
> wasn't allowed.

Sure. MikeDU had to be messing with you.

I don't think so, there were others who also thought it.

Joe, what a pisser. He did the same thing to me. Probably everyone--
except maybe Jeanette. yikes.

I remember when he and Jeanette DIDN'T get along. Don't know what happened
but at one point they became "best buddies" and he could do no wrong.

He came to visit me three times, the last time with Rebecca, on the
way to FACIM. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life
was Joe following my husband around the garage saying "I bet you
wouldn't believe me if I told you this workbench doesn't mean
anything". Joe knew my husband had thrown his Course book at the
wall--literally. But good ole' Joe. I've never met a more persistent
man.

Wonder what ever happened to them? Does anyone know?

I think he got old and maybe started to REALLY realize that all this ego
stuff (defending the course, copyright, self appointed course quote police,
etc) doesn't mean anything.
I'm sure Joe meant well and had his own lessons to learn in his own way.

On Sep 26, 2:08 pm, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> but at one point they became "best buddies" and he could do no wrong.
>
> He came to visit me three times, the last time with Rebecca, on the
> way to FACIM. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life
> was Joe following my husband around the garage saying "I bet you
> wouldn't believe me if I told you this workbench doesn't mean
> anything". Joe knew my husband had thrown his Course book at the
> wall--literally. But good ole' Joe. I've never met a more persistent
> man.
>
> Wonder what ever happened to them? Does anyone know?
>
> I think he got old and maybe started to REALLY realize that all this ego
> stuff (defending the course, copyright, self appointed course quote
> police,
> etc) doesn't mean anything.
> I'm sure Joe meant well and had his own lessons to learn in his own way.

Someone with a better memory than me would have to tote up the list of
who Jeanette was best buddies with for awhile and then slashed--
although I could help.

Just something I've noticed over the years...
But then she's a Gemini and they are supposed to be two sided.

And yes, the last conversation I had with Joe was something along
those lines of his folly in triying to defend Wapnick who needed no
defense. I just wonder if he's still alive and kickin'.....meaning
his body. And Rebecca....she was quite a bit younger.

On Sep 26, 3:13 pm, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Wonder what ever happened to them? Does anyone know?
>
> > I think he got old and maybe started to REALLY realize that all this ego
> > stuff (defending the course, copyright, self appointed course quote
> > police,
> > etc) doesn't mean anything.
> > I'm sure Joe meant well and had his own lessons to learn in his own way.
>
> Someone with a better memory than me would have to tote up the list of
> who Jeanette was best buddies with for awhile and then slashed--
> although I could help.
>
> Just something I've noticed over the years...
> But then she's a Gemini and they are supposed to be two sided.
>
> And yes, the last conversation I had with Joe was something along
> those lines of his folly in triying to defend Wapnick who needed no
> defense. I just wonder if he's still alive and kickin'.....meaning
> his body. And Rebecca....she was quite a bit younger.

Oh dear lord, I forgot Jeanette is a Gemini. So am I. This must
explain why I'm rushing out the door to meet a Gemini, as he is
breaking our date for tomorrow night, but who cares? They say there
are two of us, but there's only one....nice chattin with ya....

I'm a Sagittarius, but Gemini rising and several other planets in that
sign.
Someone once did my horiscope to see what my dominant sign is and said I
"function as a Gemini"
I'm mentally active. Put that with the Sag tendency to say whatever I'm
thinking, and Moon in Libra, which likes to see all sides of things and
fairness, and that explains me (LOL)
But, as Darrell Martini, "The Cosmic Muffin" used to say when he ended his
daily Boston MA astrology segment (when he was still doing this for free)
"Remember... it's a wise man who is guided by the stars, but a fool who is
ruled by them".