Segmentation fault with OneClickInstaller 1.8.4

Anatol Pomozov

2/19/2006 10:21:00 PM

Hi, all.

I am using Stemmer4r library in my application. And it work perfect on
1.8.2-15 (as you gess I am under Windows)

But after upgrading ruby to 184 I start getting [BUG] Segmentation fault in
my application in following line
Stemmer.new('en')

it is just simple object creation and if I move it from my application
codebase to separate script it runs without any problems

This is a script
begin
if RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /win/
require 'stemmer4r/ext/win32/stemmer4r' #Load Win specific so library
else
require 'stemmer4r/ext/freebsd/stemmer4r' #For FreeBSD

stemmer = Stemmer.new('en')
p stemmer

this is output
C:\work\app\lib>a.rb
#<Stemmer:0x2879f78>

I have no clue about the reason of this error. How could I solve it? Would
be glad to provide any additional info.
--
anatol (http://po...)
7 Answers

Anatol Pomozov

After commenting this line I have SegFault in another place

return if singleton_methods.include? '__old__find'

So that it is not Stemmer but Ruby specific bug. Seems that
1.8.4distibution very unstable on Windows.
Have anybody SegFaults with OneClickInstaller??

--
anatol (http://po...)

vanekl

this may explain it,
http://djberg96.livejournal.com/...

Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> After commenting this line I have SegFault in another place

> return if singleton_methods.include? '__old__find'
>
> So that it is not Stemmer but Ruby specific bug. Seems that
> 1.8.4distibution very unstable on Windows.
> Have anybody SegFaults with OneClickInstaller??
>
> On 2/19/06, Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, all.
>>
>>I am using Stemmer4r library in my application. And it work perfect on
>>1.8.2-15 (as you gess I am under Windows)
>>
>>But after upgrading ruby to 184 I start getting [BUG] Segmentation fault in
>>my application in following line
>>Stemmer.new('en')
>>
>>it is just simple object creation and if I move it from my application
>>codebase to separate script it runs without any problems
>>
>>This is a script
>>begin
>> if RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /win/
>> require 'stemmer4r/ext/win32/stemmer4r' #Load Win specific so library
>> else
>> require 'stemmer4r/ext/freebsd/stemmer4r' #For FreeBSD
>> end
>>end
>>
>>stemmer = Stemmer.new('en')
>>p stemmer
>>
>>this is output
>>C:\work\app\lib>a.rb
>>#<Stemmer:0x2879f78>
>>
>>I have no clue about the reason of this error. How could I solve it? Would
>>be glad to provide any additional info.
>>--
>>anatol (http://po... )
>

> --
> anatol (http://po...)

Lubow

On Jul 17, 6:48 pm, Joe Cool <joecool1...@live.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 6:20 pm, ¡Viva Arizona! <progressive_libertar...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/15/ppp-obama-palin-tied-......
>
> > "PPP: Obama, Palin tied 46/46 in 2012 polling"
>
> > > No, this is not coming from Rasmussen or an internal GOP poll, but from the normally Democrat-sympathetic Public Policy Polling...
>
> Please, OH PLEASE, run Palin for President in 2012!!!!!!

The Liberals of America will march on Washington DEMANDING that Sarah
be drafted for the 2012 run!

SURRENDER = CHANGE

On Jul 17, 4:51 pm, Lubow <dynamitem...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Liberals of America will march on Washington DEMANDING that Sarah
> be drafted for the 2012 run!

No we commies demand collectively, not the brian patch! Anything but
the briar patch!... ;)

-

"I can see November from my house"

-- 300 million Americans

boo-radley

On Jul 17, 6:04 pm, ¡Viva Arizona! <progressive_libertar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 17, 4:51 pm, Lubow <dynamitem...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Liberals of America will march on Washington DEMANDING that Sarah
> > be drafted for the 2012 run!
>
> No we commies demand collectively, not the brian patch!  Anything but
> the briar patch!...   ;)
>
> -
>
> "I can see November from my house"
>
>  -- 300 million Americans

Sarah Palin LOL

Kevin Cunningham

On Jul 17, 8:04 pm, ¡Viva Arizona! <progressive_libertar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 17, 4:51 pm, Lubow <dynamitem...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Liberals of America will march on Washington DEMANDING that Sarah
> > be drafted for the 2012 run!
>
> No we commies demand collectively, not the brian patch!  Anything but
> the briar patch!...   ;)
>
> -
>
> "I can see November from my house"
>
>  -- 300 million Americans

Hey, we're on your side! Nominate Palin! Have Limbaugh as her VP!

And come Nov. 2012 you will be fighting with the Libertarians for that
wonderful no. 3 spot..........

sillapond

On 07/18/2010 09:06 AM, Kevin Cunningham wrote:
> Hey, we're on your side!

Understand, old man, everyone here now knows you are in your 60s,
suffering from senile dementia, sputtering rage against your own
impotence, and incapable of enjoying life in the slightest any more -
hence your bilious fits of partisan rage here. All a displacement
activity allowing you to project your inability to control your own
life, waning libido, and growing prostate onto a convenient whipping
post - conservatives.

You exist as little more than a spittle-rimmed, tantrum-laden,
intolerant old curmudgeon, a veritable Walt Kowalski, minus the
benevolent instincts and bereft of the slightest means to defend
yourself against the debating acumen of even the most enfeebled
participants here.

What a sad old fool you are.