Newbie class question

C.T. Matsumoto

2/19/2006 3:28:00 PM

Hi

I've been trying to get my head around the rules for making classes. One
question I have is whether a class must be initialized. Or can a class
just hold data without taking an argument.

matt.smillie@gmail.com

An initialised class (if I guess your meaning correctly) is called an
object or an instance.

Classes don't have to be initialised to hold data or methods, but from
a design perspective class methods and instance methods are used for
different things. A class is usually a generic category, and an
instance of that class represents a particular object in that category.
For instance, "Car" might be a class, and "my VW Jetta" would be an
instance of it. Generally, most methods will likely be instance
methods, since it's instances that you're usually interested in.

Post an example of what you're trying to do - you'll likely get more
concrete advice.

Twibil

On Jul 17, 5:41 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:

> That's why you're losing the debate.

Free hints for "Curly":

1.) There is no "debate", and there's nothing to "lose" except wasted
time. There are merely several fruitcakes repeating "I know you are
but what am I?" to each other, over and over.

2.) Repetition can never make an untruth into a truth. This includes
*your* repetitions.

Schiffner

On Jul 17, 8:48 pm, Twibil <nowayjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 5:41 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
>

> > That's why you're losing the debate.
>
> Free hints for "Curly":
>
> 1.) There is no "debate", and there's nothing to "lose" except wasted
> time. There are merely several fruitcakes repeating "I know you are
> but what am I?" to each other, over and over.
>
> 2.) Repetition can never make an untruth into a truth.  This includes
> *your* repetitions.

Unless you are just pushing buttons. Not that I'd ever do that.

Al Gore planed and financed the 9/11.

Iarnrod

On Jul 17, 6:41 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:58:10 +0000, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer)
> wrote:
>

> > Curly Surmudgeon  <CurlySurmudg...@live.com> wrote:
> >> rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer)

> >>Stand back and look at what you've just posted.  If you're hoping to
> >>portray Henry as a wacko you just shot yourself in the foot.
>
> > Maybe you just "lack the intelligence to follow a thread".
>
> > And will you get the point?
>
> That's why you're losing the debate.

Um, Kurly, you might not have noticed because you yourself are one of
the twoofer kooks, but Ray is WINING the debate.

Twibil

On Jul 17, 8:36 pm, "S'mee" <stevenkei...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Al Gore planed and financed the 9/11.

I know. I was there, and he did the whole thing on behalf of the
Mossad-owned World Bank.

Then we cooked up global warming and the Gulf oil spill......and wait
'til you see what we've got coming up *next*! (Rubs hands in Evil
Glee.)

(Insert commercial break: cue announcer.)

"Evil Glee! The first and only hand-cleaner made exclusively for
motorcyclists who enjoy doing their own wrenching while monkey-
wrenching the environment, the economy, and the American dream!
NOTHING works like Evil Glee, folks! Machine-gunning helpless orphans
doesn't even come close!

"You won't see this deal offered on network TV, folks, no, nor in the
papers, so be one of our first twenty callers if you want to be the
envy of all your evil leather-clad biker friends!.............But
WAIT!! If you call *right now* we'll double your order for FREE, and
include a pre-paid annual membership in the reconstituted American
Communist Party, and an authentic certified copy of Obama's Kenyan
birth certificate as well! (Suitable for framing.)

"Evil Glee! The COMMUNIST hand cleaner!

"Try it today!"

Iarnrod

On Jul 18, 2:23 pm, * US * wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 23:14:29 -0700 (PDT), Iarnrod <iarn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >... kooks ...
>
> You really believe that Bush and Cheney
> would hesitate to have thousands of US
> citizens murdered.

You really believe things that have been proven not only wrong but
physically impossible.

Henry

Ray Fischer wrote:

> More proof that you're a crazy dumbass.

You write something very stupid, claim that I wrote it, and
when challenged to produce a quote showing that I wrote it,
you prove that you wrote it. Everyone but you can see from the
attributes that you're a lying nut case who makes up stupid
shit and that you lack the intellect to address the actual facts
evidence, and expert research Thanks for proving my point, fool.

First, if an object or structure accelerates at the rate of
free fall, *all* of its gravitational potential energy has been
converted to motion, and no energy is available to crush, bend,
and break 10s of thousands of tons of structural steel. Obviously
that would *greatly* reduce or stop the acceleration. A steel
structure that's capable of supporting several times the weight
of the building would produce significant resistance. Free fall can
only take place when there is no resistance.
Look at some of the presentations on this website. The author is a
physics teacher and presents the information very articulately.
Let us know if you disagree with any of his research. It's been peer
reviewed, and so far, no one has been able to find any errors.

http://www.911spe...

--

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." --
Albert Einstein.

http://911researc...
http://www.journalof911st...
http://www.ae91...

rfischer

Henry <9-11truth@experts.org> wrote:
>Ray Fischer wrote:
>
>> More proof that you're a crazy dumbass.
>
> You write something very stupid, claim that I wrote it,

When you resort to outright lying we know that you really are insane.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

Henry

Ray Fischer wrote:
> Henry <9-11truth@experts.org> wrote:
>> Ray Fischer wrote:

>>> More proof that you're a crazy dumbass.

>> You write something very stupid, claim that I wrote it, and
>> when challenged to produce a quote showing that I wrote it,
>> you prove that you wrote it. Everyone but you can see from
>> the attributes that you're a lying nut case who makes up stupid
>> shit and that you lack the intellect to address the actual facts
>> evidence, and expert research. Thanks for proving my point, fool.

> When you resort to outright lying we know that you really are insane.

You wrote the idiocy quoted below and claimed that I wrote it,
psycho. Do try to keep up with your insanity and lies. Everyone
else is. <chuckle>
"You claim that "melted and vaporized steel columns" could support
"several times [their] own weight".
You wrote that idiocy, and claimed that I wrote it. Then you went
tits up and became even more stupid when I challenged you to produce
the post where I wrote it. You're a liar as well as a helpless,
cowardly, and simple minded imbecile. Thanks for proving my point
again, nutter. ;-)
Here, I'll give you another chance to act like you're not insane,
Ray. Address the points below - or, run away in disgrace again and
prove my point for me - again... <vbg>

Please explain how WTC7 could have dropped at the rate of free fall
while simultaneously bending, crushing, and breaking tens of thousands
of tons of steel. Free fall, by definition, can only be achieved if a
falling structure or object encounters no significant resistance.
Obviously, a steel frame that's engineered to support several times its
own weight can not crush itself at the the rate of free fall. The
belief that it can, is one of the most comically absurd claims in your
impossible magic fire/Super Arab cartoon conspiracy theory.

Here is a excerpt from a letter written by Richard Gage, founder of
Architects and Engineers for 9-11 Truth to NIST.

http://www.ae911truth.o...

TO: Dr. Shyam Sunder, National Institute of Standards and Technology

Dear Dr. Sunder,

Here are our talking points:

1. The NIST November 2008 Final WTC 7 Investigative Report has many
fatal flaws:

a. NIST was forced to acknowledge the free-fall collapse of Building 7
for 100 feet of its 6.5 second fall only after being grilled publicly by
experts who are petition signers of AE911Truth. Yet you do not
acknowledge the obvious implications of such free-fall collapse ? that
the structure had to have been removed forcibly by explosives.
(Anyone knows that a building cannot collapse at the rate of a freely
falling object while simultaneously crushing 40,000 tons of structural
steel because all of its gravitational potential energy has been
converted to motion.)

The demolitions shown in the video below both display all
the characteristics of controlled demolition, and none of
fire induced failure, yet followers of the government's 9-11
conspiracy theory try to tell us that one was caused by the
partial, gradual, and random weakening of a small percentage
of support columns due to gradual heating, and the other was
caused by the total, instant, and symmetric destruction of all
the support columns due to demolition. They can't have it both
ways. That's why no one can produce even *one* example of a steel
framed high rise that dropped due to fire. Not one. Not ever. Not
anywhere. It's physically impossible.

http://tinyurl....

Look at the buckled column in the photo linked below. That's the
sort of gradual bending and sagging that would be caused by
*extreme* heat. Of course, the fires in WTC7 never even got that
hot.

http://911researc.../mirrors/guardian2/fire/S...

Photo from: http://911researc.../mirrors/guardian2/fi...

Tell us how you think WTC7 could suddenly drop at the rate of free
fall while simultaneously bending, crushing and breaking up its steel
frame - a steel frame that was engineered to support several times its
own weight and withstand hurricane force wind loads and mild earth
quakes. Do you understand that free fall can only occur when a falling
object encounters no significant resistance? Tell us how you imagine all
the steel columns lost all their strength in an instant. We know that
gradual, random weakening from minor office fires can't cause that, and
we also know that most of the steel frame wasn't even exposed to fire.
Proof of free fall is documented below in several short videos.

http://cms.ae911truth.org/index.php/evidence/35-key-facts/275-nist-admits-fre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v...