Closed source ruby script?

petermichaux

How to I make a ruby script closed source so no one can see the script
or alter it?

Thanks,
Peter

4 Answers

Gene Tani

petermich...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to I make a ruby script closed source so no one can see the script
> or alter it?

There's been a lot of threads, here's some search terms: "Obfuscate
(encrypt) source" "source protection", "binary distribution"

(Mike Mitchell)

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:34:07 -0500, -mhd <not_real@invalid.com> wrote:

>Deanna Earley <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>This was discussed with solutions given, not more than 4 days ago in the
>>(oddly titled) "vb6 is missing files since a week and doesn't work
>>anymore" thread.
>

>And you will note in my OP that I tried that solution first (reregistering the
>files) and it had no effect until I had also reinstalled VB6. Strangely enough
>it still required reregistering the files but at least it worked after a
>reinstall.
>
>-mhd

Well, I *hate* installing VB6! Always those dratted service packs to
add afterwards, then there's the complete mess of Microsoft's
cumulative updates and determining which one is the latest. A right
PITA, I can tell you!

VB6 -- no two installations the same!

Oh, and don't get me started on the ruddy MSDN "help" files!

MM

Coder X

"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Well, I *hate* installing VB6! Always those dratted service packs to
> add afterwards, then there's the complete mess of Microsoft's
> cumulative updates and determining which one is the latest. A right
> PITA, I can tell you!
>
> VB6 -- no two installations the same!

Service packs? What needs to be installed after SP6?

(Mike Mitchell)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:31:49 -0500, "CoderX" <coder@x.com> wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Well, I *hate* installing VB6! Always those dratted service packs to
>> add afterwards, then there's the complete mess of Microsoft's
>> cumulative updates and determining which one is the latest. A right
>> PITA, I can tell you!
>>
>> VB6 -- no two installations the same!
>
>Service packs? What needs to be installed after SP6?

I don't trust Microsoft not to screw something up, so I always install
each one in turn, finishing up with the "latest" (?) cumulative
update, exactly as originally released. ("Originally" in the sense
that the SNAFU'ed CU was replaced by the "good" CU.)

At least I'm only coding for my own enjoyment now, apart from a bit of
freeware.

MM