Deploying a Ruby desktop app

petermichaux

Suppose I build a ruby desktop app to talk across the internet to a
database. How do I make it easy for users that do not have ruby
installed to use this program? I'm looking for a one click solution.

Thanks,
Peter

3 Answers

_blackdog

hi

I use the 1 click installer for ruby, then i have a second installer
for my app. the app installer is created with nsis.

the installer installs various gems i use too, like fxruby, and
activerecord which has been great for cross internet db access
(actually over a plink tunnel).

two clicks anyone?

BD

Erik Veenstra

> Suppose I build a ruby desktop app to talk across the
> internet to a database. How do I make it easy for users that
> do not have ruby installed to use this program? I'm looking
> for a one click solution.

Start reading here:

http://www.erikve...distributingrubyapplications/...

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

sparksfly

On Feb 9, 9:19 pm, "DGDevin" <dgde...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> "Sweetbac" <sweetb...@scbglobal.net> wrote in message

> > Ooops...Wrong chatgroup!
> > My bad.
>
> Why, how could that possibly make you look any goofier than the stuff you
> intend to post here?

har har