Re: Mongrel 0.3.4 -- Win32 Gems/Better CGIWrapper

David Vallner

2/18/2006 3:10:00 PM

Dna Sobota 18 Február 2006 06:13 James Britt napísal:
> Zed Shaw wrote:
> > Version 1.8.4 of Ruby has the readpartial function for Socket (and other
> > IO). Without this Mongrel don't work so well.
>
> I just tried the Win32 gem, but it complains that I do not have
> msvcr70.dll. I do, however, have msvcr71.dll (in n ruby\bin dir), which
> I believe is what comes as part of the recent Ruby 1.8.4 Windows 1-click
> package. (I also have msvcr71.dll as part of 1-click installation on
> an other box with Ruby 1.8.2.)
>
> But Mongrel seems to insist on a particular version (perhaps hardcoded
> in http11.so), so it won't run (unless , I imagine, I go dig up that
> specific DLL someplace).

Yay for msvcrt version lossage *mutter*. My favourite was .NET 2.0 cl linking
against v8.0 which was provided with the SDK for everything -except- x86
architectures, and not available otherwise at the time.

I believe it's the fault of Zed Shaw's (or whoever builds the win32 gem)
version of Visual Studio linking stuff against it - yes, it is probably
hardcoded in the so. I believe the easiest thing will be getting the 7.0
version and dropping it on the PATH until someone forces the VS to link
against v7.1.

David Vallner