RDoc format

Brian Buckley

2/18/2006 2:46:00 PM

Hello all,

One format of RDocs comes with a very useful [ show source ] link for each
method. Example (http://api.rubyon... ). Another format of RDocs we
often see does not provide those links. Here's an example (
http://corevx.com/bi...) Far less useful.

How can one specify the RDoc format so that, for example, when one runs
gem_server the format of RDocs provided is the former?

Thanks.

Brian Buckley
3 Answers

David Vallner

Dna Sobota 18 Február 2006 15:45 Brian Buckley napísal:
> Hello all,
>
> One format of RDocs comes with a very useful [ show source ] link for each
> method. Example (http://api.rubyon... ). Another format of RDocs
> we often see does not provide those links. Here's an example (
> http://corevx.com/bi...) Far less useful.
>
> How can one specify the RDoc format so that, for example, when one runs
> gem_server the format of RDocs provided is the former?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brian Buckley

Passing the -S or --inline-source option to RDoc does that. It has to be done
when the documentation is generated. The format is actually identical, just
the HTML templates and CSS is different, I think.

David Vallner

Butterflygirl24

On Jul 9, 10:36 am, I Love Pinball <beachcarau...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Holy smokes!   $650 for a playfield clearcoated?
>
> Phoebe was selling touched up and clearcoated playfields at the
> Allentown show for $200 to $350, depending on the title.

Since my name was mentioned in this, I will respond...
A touched up and clearcoated PF for $650 in all reality is not that
out of line...it takes alot of work and time to touch up a PF, What
with matching colors, and then doing the actual touchups...then
sanding in between each coat depending on what type of clear is used
or what process, for me, I sand in between each coat to help level the
PF. Normally if someone asks for an estimate on a PF, My estimate is
usually between $400 and $700 depending on amount of touch ups, and
other issues as needed. I mainly work on early SS PFs and I use
Varathane.
As far as the PFs I had at Allentown, most of those were some I had
picked up in trades, or just happen to come across and bought because
I thought that they were restorable... I had them on hand, and touched
them up while doing others of the same title, since I had the colors
already mixed and ready to go (which doesn't always work cause no 2
PFs are the same no matter if they are the same title or not) I just
finished doing 3 Alien Poker PFs...and they were all faded
differently...:-) So those PFs were just extras to me and that is why
they were for sale at those prices. Some titles just won't sell for
even those prices...for example I have a Tri Zone, and a couple Bally
Eight Ball's but they still are touched up and cleared and in good
shape. I took them to Allentown to help pay for my trip, and be able
to have some extra $ to spend on some other pinball parts. ;-)
It's good to see someone else accepting work, cause last I heard, most
were not accepting any new work... Because I can say from experience
that most are quite time consuming to do.

Phoebe
CARGPB#38

BadBrad97

On Jul 9, 11:46 pm, Butterflygirl24 <P24...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 10:36 am, I Love Pinball <beachcarau...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Holy smokes!   $650 for a playfield clearcoated?
>
> > Phoebe was selling touched up and clearcoated playfields at the
> > Allentown show for $200 to $350, depending on the title.
>
> Since my name was mentioned in this, I will respond...
> A touched up and clearcoated PF for $650 in all reality is not that
> out of line...it takes alot of work and time to touch up a PF, What
> with matching colors, and then doing the actual touchups...then
> sanding in between each coat depending on what type of clear is used
> or what process, for me, I sand in between each coat to help level the
> PF. Normally if someone asks for an estimate on a PF, My estimate is
> usually between $400 and $700 depending on amount of touch ups, and
> other issues as needed. I mainly work on early SS PFs and I use
> Varathane.
> As far as the PFs I had at Allentown, most of those were some I had
> picked up in trades, or just happen to come across and bought because
> I thought that they were restorable... I had them on hand, and touched
> them up while doing others of the same title, since I had the colors
> already mixed and ready to go (which doesn't always work cause no 2
> PFs are the same no matter if they are the same title or not) I just
> finished doing 3 Alien Poker PFs...and they were all faded
> differently...:-) So those PFs were just extras to me and that is why
> they were for sale at those prices. Some titles just won't sell for
> even those prices...for example I have a Tri Zone, and a couple Bally
> Eight Ball's  but they still are touched up and cleared and in good
> shape. I took them to Allentown to help pay for my trip, and be able
> to have some extra $ to spend on some other pinball parts. ;-)
> It's good to see someone else accepting work, cause last I heard, most
> were not accepting any new work... Because I can say from experience
> that most are quite time consuming to do.
>
> Phoebe
> CARGPB#38

I am looking for a really nice Pinbot playfield. Do you still have one?