Re: getoptlong, getopt, parseopt, which one to use for command linetool?

Mark Volkmann

2/17/2006 8:11:00 PM

commandline is in RubyForge. See http://rubyforge.org/projects/opt....

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

1 Answer

Professor Bubba

In article <j512id$hgm$1@news.albasani.net>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Professor Bubba <Professor Bubba> wrote:
> >Steve Bartman <sbartman@visi.com> wrote:

> >>The scene in the last ep. where he tried to threaten the Big Boss
> >>Lady, she stepped on him, and he looked like he was going to throw up
> >>on her was the best of the season. I re-ran it four times through the
> >>Tivo, laughing every time.
>
> >I am told that he ad-libbed that. The scene was supposed to end with
> >Jessica ordering Louis to make the call. Rick Hoffman took it up a
> >notch and ended it the way we saw it, and I think he nailed it.
> >Brilliant.
>
> Really! Was his part in the scene with Donna partially ad-libbed, too?
> Here I was giving the writers credit for finally giving this fine actor
> something to do with his talent.
>
> Maybe I'd dislike Suits less for making Louis such a one-note character
> if an actor I didn't like so much played him.

I don't know anything about ad libs in Louis' scene with Donna, but
what I think we're seeing is that the show is giving its actors some
real power here. We saw Rick Hoffman make a good scene with Gina
Torres even better. I think it's been the same for Sarah Rafferty as
Donna whenever we've seen her. She's been terrific.

It would have been incredibly easy to have made Louis a cookie-cutter
villain, but Rick Hoffman has been doing some amazing things with him.
This show hasn't been afraid to let the supporting cast shine, which is
one of the reasons it's so much fun to watch.