Ruby TK window size question

Harry Truax

I was wondering if there is a way to have a Ruby TK window drawn to the
maximum available screen size? I have been using
root.geometry('+135+10') for example, but would like the window to
automatically size up to the largest available area.

Thanks,

Harry

1 Answer

dperkins

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to have a Ruby TK window drawn to the
> maximum available screen size? I have been using
> root.geometry('+135+10') for example, but would like the window to
> automatically size up to the largest available area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harry

You could try this to get the maximum screen size.

max_x = TkWinfo.screenwidth root
max_y = TkWinfo.screenheight root