Segmentation faults in Ruby-Wordnet

Nuralanur

2/15/2006 9:52:00 PM

Dear all,

when installing Ruby-Wordnet 0.0.2, both under Cygwin and under Linux Fedora,
I keep getting Segmentation faults in Ruby 1.8.4 when creating the database
for nouns.
Does anybody know how to circumvent that problem?
Thank you very much,

Axel
5 Answers

Duggy

On Sep 17, 7:44 am, "Marcus L. Rowland" <forgottenfutu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In message
> <40be6952-6adb-4ef0-9b39-189dfb656...@bl1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> T987654321 <qwrtz...@gmail.com> writes
>
> >The first two Primeval seasons were really good, then it fell apart.
> >Hope syFy or someone picks it up here.
>
> Some strange new definition of "really good" here. The third or fourth
> time they split up to go looking for the monsters I stopped caring who
> survived.
>
> The series I actually found much more interesting was _Prehistoric
> Park_, which was the short "proof of concept" series from the same
> company, which sold the TV networks on the idea of Primeval. The idea of
> PP was a zoo that sent expeditions into the past to bring back
> interesting animals just before they went extinct, and the day-to-day
> running of a zoo that had e.g. a couple of juvenile T.Rex, a mammoth,
> sabre-toothed tiger, and other weird creatures amongst its exhibits.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehis...
>
> I really wish that they'd made more episodes.

They can't. The guy from PP was killed on P.

===
= DUG.
===

Marcus L. Rowland

In message
<e6237540-97a6-459f-8a79-46c2c937a66a@d2g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
Duggy <p.allan.duggan@gmail.com> writes
>On Sep 17, 7:44?am, "Marcus L. Rowland" <forgottenfutu...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> In message
>> <40be6952-6adb-4ef0-9b39-189dfb656...@bl1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
>> T987654321 <qwrtz...@gmail.com> writes
>>
>> >The first two Primeval seasons were really good, then it fell apart.
>> >Hope syFy or someone picks it up here.
>>
>> Some strange new definition of "really good" here. The third or fourth
>> time they split up to go looking for the monsters I stopped caring who
>> survived.
>>
>> The series I actually found much more interesting was _Prehistoric
>> Park_, which was the short "proof of concept" series from the same
>> company, which sold the TV networks on the idea of Primeval. The idea of
>> PP was a zoo that sent expeditions into the past to bring back
>> interesting animals just before they went extinct, and the day-to-day
>> running of a zoo that had e.g. a couple of juvenile T.Rex, a mammoth,
>> sabre-toothed tiger, and other weird creatures amongst its exhibits.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehis...
>>
>> I really wish that they'd made more episodes.
>
>They can't. The guy from PP was killed on P.
>
>===
>= DUG.
>===

So? They just go back and collect an earlier version from the past...
--
Marcus L. Rowland www.forgottenfutures.com
www.forgottenfutures.org

Duggy

On Sep 19, 5:39 am, "Marcus L. Rowland" <forgottenfutu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In message
> <e6237540-97a6-459f-8a79-46c2c937a...@d2g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
> Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> writes
>

> >On Sep 17, 7:44 am, "Marcus L. Rowland" <forgottenfutu...@gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >> In message
> >> <40be6952-6adb-4ef0-9b39-189dfb656...@bl1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> >> T987654321 <qwrtz...@gmail.com> writes

> >> Some strange new definition of "really good" here. The third or fourth
> >> time they split up to go looking for the monsters I stopped caring who
> >> survived.
>
> >> The series I actually found much more interesting was _Prehistoric
> >> Park_, which was the short "proof of concept" series from the same
> >> company, which sold the TV networks on the idea of Primeval. The idea of
> >> PP was a zoo that sent expeditions into the past to bring back
> >> interesting animals just before they went extinct, and the day-to-day
> >> running of a zoo that had e.g. a couple of juvenile T.Rex, a mammoth,
> >> sabre-toothed tiger, and other weird creatures amongst its exhibits.
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehis...
>
> >> I really wish that they'd made more episodes.
>
> >They can't.  The guy from PP was killed on P.

> So? They just go back and collect an earlier version from the past...

True, but then what happens to the version who was killed?

===
= DUG.
===

shawn

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:04:16 -0700 (PDT), Duggy

>On Sep 19, 5:39?am, "Marcus L. Rowland" <forgottenfutu...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> In message
>> <e6237540-97a6-459f-8a79-46c2c937a...@d2g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
>> Duggy <p.allan.dug...@gmail.com> writes

>> >They can't. ?The guy from PP was killed on P.
>
>> So? They just go back and collect an earlier version from the past...
>
>True, but then what happens to the version who was killed?

He's still dead. At least that is consistent with the many worlds
version of the universe that seems to be the basis for "Primeval" and
presumably "Prehistoric Park" and this new show.

Duggy

On Sep 21, 9:05 pm, shawn <nanoflo...@gNOTmail.com> wrote:
> He's still dead. At least that is consistent with the many worlds
> version of the universe that seems to be the basis for "Primeval" and
> presumably "Prehistoric Park" and this new show.

Time travel in Primeval is no consistent.

===
= DUG.
===