IO::Select and error_array

Christoffer Lernö

2/15/2006 7:01:00 PM

Hello everyone,

IO::Select works very well for me, but it still holds some mysteries
for me. In particular: when will I get it to return due to an error?

More to the point, let's say I have:

read, write, error = IO::Select([some_io], [some_io], [some_io])

When will I get "error" to be something other than an empty array? I
used it with sockets, and having the socket remotely closed
apparently did not help provoke it.

/Christoffer

2 Answers

Mayayana

I don't use MS Office. Maybe someone else will
address that. With VB5 you'll need to ship the runtime.

Why not just try installing it on Win7 and see
how it runs?

Tony Toews

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:04:44 -0700, "Nobody in particular"
<nobody@nowhere.INVALID> wrote:

> Will Access 97
>and VB5 code work in Win7/8,

I have no idea why someone wouldn't upgrade the A97 app to Access
2010. That shouldn't take much work. Leave everything in MDBs. Just
convert to Access 2010 and see what fails.

Tony