Re: Mongrel 0.3.1 -- New Site/Runs Right

Zed A. Shaw

2/13/2006 11:54:00 PM

On 2/13/06 4:11 PM, "Tom Cloyd" <tomcloyd@bestmindhealth.com> wrote:

> OK, now I see the actual application web site. The link in the original
> email I saw was http://ruby... - where, after scrolling half way
> down the page one finds a minimal paragraph with the header "Mongrel 0.3
> -- Runs Ruby On Rails". THAT *now* links to a very NICE descriptive web
> site - excellent - in fact. When last I tried it, it did NOT. What I got
> was a web site with essentially only outbound links. No descriptive info.
> at all. Hence my distress. It appears that the link got modified *after* I
> passed by. Apparently, most people didn't see what I saw, so my email
> makes no sense to them. Oh well...

Yeah, I screwed up the link with a .net ending rather than .org, so you
bounce to the rubyforge.org main page. Some people caught this.

Interestingly though, the site still got like 13k hits yesterday. Hope Tom
Copland isn't pissed :-)

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.ze...

2 Answers

Matt Mower

On 16/02/06, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 08:53 +0900, Zed Shaw wrote:
> > Yeah, I screwed up the link with a .net ending rather than .org, so you
> > bounce to the rubyforge.org main page. Some people caught this.
> >
> > Interestingly though, the site still got like 13k hits yesterday. Hope Tom
> > Copland isn't pissed :-)
>
> Not at all! Static hits are easy... the more the merrier...

You may live to regret saying that Tom ;-)

Matt Mower :: http://matt...

Tom Copeland

> > > Interestingly though, the site still got like 13k hits
> yesterday.
> > > Hope Tom Copland isn't pissed :-)
> >
> > Not at all! Static hits are easy... the more the merrier...
> >

> You may live to regret saying that Tom ;-)

Heh, so true!

Tom