ruby html (or xhtml) forms class...

Skeets

2/13/2006 8:21:00 PM

does one exist? i use an excellent php based forms class when i code
in php. it includes javascriput validation, server side validation,
regex validation and a lot more.

does ruby have something similar, or will i have to 1. code my own (not
gonna happen anytime soon) or 2. just write the html out every time
(not good)?

tia...

13 Answers

Ian Whitney

After not finding anything that met my needs, I'm writing one. But
it's a couple months away from being ready.

Ian

On Feb 13, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Skeets wrote:

> does one exist? i use an excellent php based forms class when i code
> in php. it includes javascriput validation, server side validation,
> regex validation and a lot more.
>
> does ruby have something similar, or will i have to 1. code my own
> (not
> gonna happen anytime soon) or 2. just write the html out every time
> (not good)?
>
> tia...

Ara.T.Howard

Joel VanderWerf

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/8234/xx...

I'd like to play around with this, as an alternative to Amrita.

But the tests are broken because here is no sample dir installed with
the gem. Is this fixable with gems?

ptkwt

In article <1139862052.181308.280630@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Skeets <skillet3232@yahoo.com> wrote:
>does one exist? i use an excellent php based forms class when i code
>in php. it includes javascriput validation, server side validation,
>regex validation and a lot more.
>
>does ruby have something similar, or will i have to 1. code my own (not
>gonna happen anytime soon) or 2. just write the html out every time
>(not good)?

What about _why's Markaby:
http://markaby.ruby...

Phil

Ara.T.Howard

Skeets

the only reason i haven't jumped into rails head first is the forms
class... regex, js and server validation, simple js commands
(background color, etc...), length, width and a ton more.

it will be tough to let go - since so much of good web development is
tied up in forms generation and validation.

decisions, decisions.

John N. Alegre

Phil Tomson wrote:

> What about _why's Markaby:
> http://markaby.ruby...
>
> Phil
How can I install Markaby?

will

gem install markaby

work?

john

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Feb 16, 2006, at 12:08 PM, John N. Alegre wrote:

> Phil Tomson wrote:
>
>> What about _why's Markaby:
>> http://markaby.ruby...
>>
>> Phil
> How can I install Markaby?
>
> will
>
> gem install markaby
>
> work?
>
> john

yes

-Ezra

John N. Alegre

On a similar note ....

Is there a class to parse a form and send the results in email? I am
looking for something as "plug and play" as possible.

All comments welcome
john

Skeets wrote:

> does one exist? i use an excellent php based forms class when i code
> in php. it includes javascriput validation, server side validation,
> regex validation and a lot more.
>
> does ruby have something similar, or will i have to 1. code my own (not
> gonna happen anytime soon) or 2. just write the html out every time
> (not good)?
>
> tia...

David Vallner

Dna Štvrtok 16 Február 2006 23:28 John N. Alegre napísal:
> On a similar note ....
>
> Is there a class to parse a form and send the results in email? I am
> looking for something as "plug and play" as possible.
>
> All comments welcome
> john

If very desperate, you can put a YAML dump of the form data in an e-mail.

Personally, I don't think I'd use such a magic solution - I prefer a good HTTP
request parser and a good mailer as separate components, than a half-baked
mix and match of both.

David Vallner