Can not install mysql-binding

Gunnar

2/13/2006 4:05:00 PM

Hi all
I cannot install native MySQL-binding on my iMac G5 using OSX 10.4.4, ie
"sudo gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql"
fails with <snipped>:
Attempting local installation of 'mysql'
Local gem file not found: mysql*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'mysql'
Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.
The mkmf.log's first part:
iMac:/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 gunnar$ more mkmf.log
find_library: checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... -------------------- no

"gcc -o conftest -I. -I/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.4.0 -I/usr/local/mysql/include -g -O2 -pipe -fno-common conftes
t.c -L"/usr/local/mysql/lib" -L"/usr/local/lib" -lruby-static -lmysqlclient -ldl -lobjc "
/usr/bin/ld: truncated or malformed archive: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a (ranlib structures in table of contents exte
nds past the end of the table of contents, can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Is there anything I can do to make it install OK?
Regards
Gunnar
9 Answers

The Finder

On Saturday, September 28, 2013 8:42:12 PM UTC-5, CoderX wrote:
> Google mothafucka.
PoserX, your so smart, and what a big help to this site you are. NOT. Wow, such big words you use, "fucka" are you a fucka, I think so. you fucka your muther or is it your a father fucka. using your words, see has asshole like you sound. lol.

JensB

on 29/09/2013, CoderX supposed :
> Google mothafucka.

I did.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...

So how does that help?

--
Michael Cole

The Finder

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:56:09 PM UTC-5, Michael Cole wrote:
> on 29/09/2013, CoderX supposed : > Google mothafucka. I did. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=... So how does that help? -- Michael Cole
: )
good one. lol

The Finder

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:56:09 PM UTC-5, Michael Cole wrote:
> on 29/09/2013, CoderX supposed : > Google mothafucka. I did. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...
So how does that help? -- Michael Cole
Me too, and then I did
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=... coderX and got this
POSER, POSERX, A want a be, angry turd, confused angry individual, IMPOSTER.

The Finder

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:35:25 PM UTC-5, CoderX aka Poserx wrote:
birthdayfinder.org,
I just wanted to say thanks again for the free add. yippie. :)

The Finder

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:35:25 PM UTC-5, CoderX AKA PoserX wrote:
> birthdayfinder.org
You giving me free advertisements is just like you giving me another free blowjob. hahaha. Dumb Ass.

Coder X

"The Finder" <kurt@birthdayfinder.org> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:35:25 PM UTC-5, CoderX AKA PoserX wrote:
> You giving me free advertisements is just like you giving me another free
> blowjob. hahaha. Dumb Ass.

Sorry Kurtsie, I don't swing that way. If you like men sucking your
millimeter peter, well, then you should probably keep that to yourself, or
we could advertise your phone number, 830 875 9343 in the event you want
someone who is really into that lifestyle to give you a call.

Again, any gay man looking for a good time, call Kurt LeBoeuf at the above
number. Ask for the Cleveland Steamer special!

The Finder

On Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:46:53 PM UTC-5, CoderX AKA PoserX wrote:
> If you like men sucking your millimeter peter,
Why are you trying to vocalize what you saw in your mirror? I'm not gay; you’re the gay one giving me the blowjob. When you were sucking you were saying I was choking you. Why the turn around? Dumb shit.

Coder X

Yet you are the one posting these things. Do you understand how foolish you
look? Apparently not. Carry on then. I always enjoy watching a meltdown.
:)