RoR Active Record question

zachary.zolton

2/13/2006 2:12:00 PM

Hiya RoR gurus,

I work at a .NET shop, but I enjoy learning Ruby. So, I wanna
prototype some of our company's screens using Rails (and hopefullly
AJAX). One thing I'm not sure about, since I'm a noob, is whether
ActiveRecord will get along with our database...

So I have two questions:
* Can I have ActiveRecord get along with our PascalCase naming
conventions?

* We ALWAYS have two fields as our primary key: Id and EffectiveYear,
which is an integer containing a year and a version, ie 200600000,
200600001, ... This is a strict requirement, so can I get
ActiveRecord to do this (easily)?

Thanks in advance,

ZachZ
zachary DOT zolton AT gmail DOT com

Please email me if anyone answers this!!

1 Answer

Thomas Kirchner

You'd have more luck asking this question on the Rails mailing list:

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/list...

Tom