Rubyforge releasing

Tobias Luetke

2/10/2006 10:55:00 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a good way to automate releasing updates to my
libraries to rubyforge.
I used to use Florian Gross' rake task but it recently broke like so:

(in /Users/tobi/Code/Ruby/shopify/vendor/paypal)
mkdir -p pkg
Successfully built RubyGem
Name: paypal
Version: 1.5.1
File: paypal-1.5.1.gem
mv paypal-1.5.1.gem pkg/paypal-1.5.1.gem
Releasing paypal-1.5.1.gem...
rake aborted!
Couldn't get release id
/Users/tobi/Code/Ruby/shopify/vendor/paypal/rakefile:216

Any suggestions are welcome, i'd really like to start releasing stuff again :)

--
Tobi
http://s... - modern e-commerce software

7 Answers

Ara.T.Howard

Kurt V. Hindenburg

On Friday 10 February 2006 18:32, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
| http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1024&relea...

Hello,
I couldn't get it to work. The gem file doesn't seem to check deps nor
install anything. After I installed dev-ruby/http-access2-0j-r1, I get the
following error:
% ./rubyforge-0.0.1/bin/rubyforge setup
/rubyforge-0.0.1/bin/rubyforge:456: uninitialized constant WebAgent
(NameError)

Regards,
Kurt

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard

Kurt V. Hindenburg

2/14/2006

0

On Monday 13 February 2006 18:41, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
| that should only happen if http-access2 is not installed?
|
| jib:~ > ruby -r http-access2 -e' p WebAgent '
| WebAgent
|
| i have installed http-access-2_0_6. you?

I'm using Gentoo...
[ebuild R ] dev-ruby/http-access2-0j-r1 USE="examples" 0 kB

% ruby -r http-access2 -e' p WebAgent '
-e:1: uninitialized constant WebAgent (NameError)

% ruby -r http-access2 -e' p HTTPAccess2::VERSION '
"1.1"

Are we talking about the same software? Is there another http-access2 for
ruby?

Kurt

Ara.T.Howard

Austin Ziegler

On 2/10/06, Tobias Luetke <tobias.luetke@gmail.com> wrote:> I'm looking for a good way to automate releasing updates to my> libraries to rubyforge.I use meta_project on MIME::Types (recently updated to 1.15) and PDF::Writer.My Rakefile for either project captures this. Something appears tohave happened recently to break GMailer's sending capabilities, so the:email_announcement task isn't working right now.-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca