Ruby injected into Practices of an Agile Developer

Bil Kleb

2/10/2006 11:41:00 AM

I recently had the pleasure to help review the
upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
of an Agile Developer/,

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/t...

I don't know if was just me, or other reviewers
like Chad had a hand in it, but the final draft
that just came back had several mentions of Ruby.
RDoc also made it in.

Also, I (and others?) pointed out that the word
"compile" was a bit too old school for an "agile"
book, and it too changed in the final draft.

If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
(although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
definitely want to read this new title when it
becomes available next month.

Regards,
--
Bil, http://fun3d.lar...
11 Answers

Matthew Johnson

> I recently had the pleasure to help review the
> upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
> of an Agile Developer/,
>
> If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
> (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
> definitely want to read this new title when it
> becomes available next month.

I also had the opportunity to assist in reviewing this book and must
concur that it's an excellent read.

Regards,
Matthew

Gavri Fernandez

On 2/10/06, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
> (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
> definitely want to read this new title when it
> becomes available next month.

The book was written before the pragmatic programmers' love affair
with Ruby, but Ruby is mentioned in passing in the book. I think they
were just beginning to discover the joys of Ruby then.

P.S: Just thought I'd provide that almost totally useless piece of information.

--
gavri
http://ga_woo.livejo...

Eddie Haskell

"RichTravsky" <traRvEsky@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote in message
> Miike Flannigan wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations to the people of CA. You dumb bastards went for Hussein
>> and
>> now his plan to drive your insurance rates through the roof in order to
>> have
>> you clamoring for the public option and under government control is going
>> just as planned.
>>
>> "NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- One of California's largest health insurers -
>> Blue
>> Shield - announced plans to hike its premiums by as much as 59%.
>> The jacked up premium rates are set to take effect on March 1, pending
>> review from state insurance regulators. The move impacts 193,000
>> individual
>> Blue Shield policy holders. "
>
> 193K
>
> Out of
>
> 3.3 million members
>
>> http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/07/news/companies/California_blue_shield_...
>>
>> "My proposal would bring down the cost of healthcare for millions -
>> families, businesses, and the federal government,"
>>
>> -Hussein, Liar-n-Chief, March, 2010
>>
>> -Eddie Haskell
>
> The company, a member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 3.3
> million members, which announced the move late Thursday, stressed that its
> decision has "almost nothing to do with the federal health reform law" and
> that ultimately the law will help slow down health care costs.

I wondered who'd be the first to fall into my trap, Trotsky.

Here's why they said that. It's called fascist fear and intimidation
tactics. Makes you proud.

""There will be zero tolerance for this type of misinformation and
unjustified rate increases,'' Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of Health and
Human Services, said in a letter to the insurance lobby."

""Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium
hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers
with basic protections,'' Sebelius said. She warned that bad actors could be
excluded from new health insurance markets that will open in 2014 under the
law. They would lose out on a big pool of customers, as many as 30 million
people nationwide."

Now see Trotsky? When will you ever learn? It's no use. I'm always, and
always will be, way ahead of you. It's best that you just shut your mouth.
I'll do all the thinking from here on out.

Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power,
forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry.

Fascism: a system of government characterized by strong, often dictatorial
control of political and economic affairs

http://tinyurl.c...

http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...

http://www.word...

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

"Phlip" <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- One of California's largest health insurers -
>> Blue
>> Shield - announced plans to hike its premiums by as much as 59%.
>> The jacked up premium rates are set to take effect on March 1, pending
>> review from state insurance regulators. The move impacts 193,000
>> individual
>> Blue Shield policy holders. "
>
> Garsh, Eddie, you think if they didn't have a state-wide monopoly,
> they wouldn't be able to gouge us?

Yeah, but since the democrats won't permit interstate competition. Might do
too much to bring down costs. Then you wouldn't be clamoring for the public
option that will put private insurance out of business and have you
dependent on government as planned.

-Eddie Haskell

Phlip

On Jan 8, 12:05 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <m...@ss.com> wrote:
> "Phlip" <phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> "NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- One of California's largest health insurers -
> >> Blue
> >> Shield - announced plans to hike its premiums by as much as 59%.
> >> The jacked up premium rates are set to take effect on March 1, pending
> >> review from state insurance regulators. The move impacts 193,000
> >> individual
> >> Blue Shield policy holders. "
>
> > Garsh, Eddie, you think if they didn't have a state-wide monopoly,
> > they wouldn't be able to gouge us?
>
> Yeah, but since the democrats won't permit interstate competition. Might do
> too much to bring down costs. Then you wouldn't be clamoring for the public
> option that will put private insurance out of business and have you
> dependent on government as planned.
>
> -Eddie Haskell

I'm arguing with the party whose members would rather shoot
congresswomen than have health care reform.

I must be crazy.

On Jan 8, 12:05 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <m...@ss.com> wrote:
> "Phlip" <phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> "NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- One of California's largest health insurers -
> >> Blue
> >> Shield - announced plans to hike its premiums by as much as 59%.
> >> The jacked up premium rates are set to take effect on March 1, pending
> >> review from state insurance regulators. The move impacts 193,000
> >> individual
> >> Blue Shield policy holders. "
>
> > Garsh, Eddie, you think if they didn't have a state-wide monopoly,
> > they wouldn't be able to gouge us?
>
> Yeah, but since the democrats won't permit interstate competition. Might
> do
> too much to bring down costs. Then you wouldn't be clamoring for the
> public
> option that will put private insurance out of business and have you
> dependent on government as planned.
>
> -Eddie Haskell

> I'm arguing

That's a stretch, don't you think?

> with the party whose members would rather shoot

Cite?

> congresswomen than have health care reform.

And I'm arguing with a party that will make shit up on the fly in order to
be put in waiting lines, have his healthcare rationed, have higher cost, and
be subjected to death panels.

> I must be crazy.

You just said a mouthful.

-Eddie Haskell

Larry Hewitt

On 1/8/2011 4:58 PM, Eddie Haskell wrote:
> "Phlip"<phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 8, 12:05 pm, "Eddie Haskell"<m...@ss.com> wrote:
>> "Phlip"<phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Garsh, Eddie, you think if they didn't have a state-wide monopoly,
>>> they wouldn't be able to gouge us?
>>
>> Yeah, but since the democrats won't permit interstate competition. Might
>> do
>> too much to bring down costs. Then you wouldn't be clamoring for the
>> public
>> option that will put private insurance out of business and have you
>> dependent on government as planned.
>>
>> -Eddie Haskell
>
>> I'm arguing
>
> That's a stretch, don't you think?
>
>> with the party whose members would rather shoot
>
> Cite?
>
>> congresswomen than have health care reform.
>
> And I'm arguing with a party that will make shit up on the fly in order to
> be put in waiting lines, have his healthcare rationed, have higher cost, and
> be subjected to death panels.

Why are you arguing again st the repuglicon party?

Larry
>> I must be crazy.
>
> You just said a mouthful.
>
> -Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

"Larry Hewitt" <larryhwtt@comporium.net> wrote in message
> On 1/8/2011 4:58 PM, Eddie Haskell wrote:
>> "Phlip"<phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Jan 8, 12:05 pm, "Eddie Haskell"<m...@ss.com> wrote:
>>> "Phlip"<phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, but since the democrats won't permit interstate competition. Might
>>> do
>>> too much to bring down costs. Then you wouldn't be clamoring for the
>>> public
>>> option that will put private insurance out of business and have you
>>> dependent on government as planned.
>>>
>>> -Eddie Haskell
>>
>>> I'm arguing
>>
>> That's a stretch, don't you think?
>>
>>> with the party whose members would rather shoot
>>
>> Cite?
>>
>>> congresswomen than have health care reform.
>>
>> And I'm arguing with a party that will make shit up on the fly in order
>> be put in waiting lines, have his healthcare rationed, have higher cost,
>> and
>> be subjected to death panels.
>>

> Why are you arguing again st the repuglicon party?

Why are you lying?

-Eddie Haskell

Larry Hewitt

On 1/8/2011 5:09 PM, Eddie Haskell wrote:
> "Larry Hewitt"<larryhwtt@comporium.net> wrote in message
>> On 1/8/2011 4:58 PM, Eddie Haskell wrote:
>>> "Phlip"<phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That's a stretch, don't you think?

>>> Cite?

>>> And I'm arguing with a party that will make shit up on the fly in order
>>> be put in waiting lines, have his healthcare rationed, have higher cost,
>>> and
>>> be subjected to death panels.
>>>

>> Why are you arguing again st the repuglicon party?
>
> Why are you lying?

Delusional idiot.

Larry

> On 1/8/2011 5:09 PM, Eddie Haskell wrote:
>> "Larry Hewitt"<larryhwtt@comporium.net> wrote in message

>>> Why are you arguing again st the repuglicon party?
>>
>> Why are you lying?
>
> Delusional idiot.

Oh, so you're lying because you're a delusional idiot. Thanks for the
explanation, Larry Fuckwit.

-Eddie Haskell