DICOM Tool Kit in Ruby

mac

2/9/2006 4:36:00 PM

Good Morning,
Just wanted to let people know that I am working on a DICOM tool kit in
Ruby. So far I have completed classes for reading in DICOM images and
dumping the header. I have the netwrok layer coded completely and can do
association negotiation and receive images and save them to the disk. I am
working on Query/Retrieve now. I am hoping that by Mid march I will have a
prety much working DICOM SCP. I plan to release it to the public at that
time. If anybody is interested in working with me in completing this tool
kit, let me know. At some point I will need some help.

Thanks.
6 Answers

Mark Somerville

Sounds really interesting, thanks for your work. Any plans on the license?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to help out with this just now, but I'll
definitely be keeping an eye on this - it happens to have cropped at an
excellent time :)

Mark

On Thursday 09 February 2006 16:36, mac wrote:
> Good Morning,
> Just wanted to let people know that I am working on a DICOM tool kit in
> Ruby. So far I have completed classes for reading in DICOM images and
> dumping the header. I have the netwrok layer coded completely and can do
> association negotiation and receive images and save them to the disk. I am
> working on Query/Retrieve now. I am hoping that by Mid march I will have a
> prety much working DICOM SCP. I plan to release it to the public at that
> time. If anybody is interested in working with me in completing this tool
> kit, let me know. At some point I will need some help.
>
> Thanks.

mac

I will release it on Ruby license, open source. I have over 10 years DICOM
experience and I wanted to learn Ruby, so I wrote the tool kit.

On 2/9/06, Mark Somerville <mark@scottishclimbs.com> wrote:

> Sounds really interesting, thanks for your work. Any plans on the license?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have time to help out with this just now, but I'll
> definitely be keeping an eye on this - it happens to have cropped at an
> excellent time :)
>
> Mark
>
> On Thursday 09 February 2006 16:36, mac wrote:
> > Good Morning,
> > Just wanted to let people know that I am working on a DICOM tool kit in
> > Ruby. So far I have completed classes for reading in DICOM images and
> > dumping the header. I have the netwrok layer coded completely and can do
> > association negotiation and receive images and save them to the disk. I
> am
> > working on Query/Retrieve now. I am hoping that by Mid march I will have
> > prety much working DICOM SCP. I plan to release it to the public at that
> > time. If anybody is interested in working with me in completing this
> tool
> > kit, let me know. At some point I will need some help.
> >
> > Thanks.

Phil Rhoades

Mac,

I am starting to learn Ruby as well and am interested in this project -
I could probably help with testing & debugging etc.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Mobile: +61:(0)411-185-652
Fax: +61:(0)2-8221-9599
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

Daniel Völkerts

Go on! Very, very nice. Are there any websites about your project?

--
Daniel Völkerts
Protected by Anti Pesto.

mac

I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be at
least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.

On 2/10/06, Daniel Völkerts <daniel@voelkerts.de> wrote:

> Go on! Very, very nice. Are there any websites about your project?
>
> --
> Daniel Völkerts
> Protected by Anti Pesto.

Daniel Völkerts

mac schrieb:
> I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be at
> least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.

Great! Please post an annoucement, I'll looking for it. Finally a usage
of ruby in medical environment ;) I'll have to write my bachelor thesis
next year in medical computer science. I hope that I can do it the ruby
way ;)

Greetings,
--
Daniel Völkerts