Web Host

resty_cena

2/9/2006 12:38:00 AM

I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on
Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?
Thanks.

4 Answers

David Vallner

Dna Štvrtok 09 Február 2006 01:38 resty_cena@yahoo.com napísal:
> I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on
> Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?
> Thanks.

Brief googlage yields amongst other resources:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Rai...

Someone else over here or on the rails lists might actually have personal
experiences.

For personal projects, you can as well run a server on your own box, this has
served me quite well for now.

David Vallner

Aaron Kulbe

On 2/8/06, resty_cena@yahoo.com <resty_cena@yahoo.com> wrote:> I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on> Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?> Thanks.>>>I am going to be offering Virtual Private Server space for $30-40/mo.depending on the amount of storage space. You will have root access,and 20GB of space. I run Gentoo, and you'd be free to install whatyou wanted.Since I'm planning on offering this to a very limited number of peopleI will be personally available for any technical quesions related toGentoo.My goal is to use the funds from hosting to pay for my colocationfees, and a modest profit to support my technical library, so the ideais not getting rich. I just want to keep things easy to manage and agood deal for all involvedContact me if you have any questions.Aaron Kulbe

fred.grott@gmail.com

Site5.com seems low cost

eain.jones

I found the dreamhost to be excellent. Full support for Ruby. I run
instiki on my own website