dishmael

2/8/2006 10:20:00 PM

Hi all, hope this is the right place ...

I just started learning Ruby and as my first project I'm trying to migrate
a web front-end for SalesForce.com that was written in PHP. The old PHP
site used SOAP to interact with SalesForce.com and that seems to work
great so I figure I'd start hunting around for docs to see if anyone else
had done the leg work (no point in reinventing the wheel and all).

I didn't find anything on SOAP and the docs were cryptic to me (remember,
I'm still learning this stuff). I did run across one site that used
XMLRPC rather than SOAP so I decided to give that a try.

When you connect/login to SalesForce.com they send you a session_id that
needs to be placed in the HTTP header as a cookie. When I go to set it in
the XMLRPC object:

server = XMLRPC::Client.new(host, path)
server.cookie = result['session_id']

I'm getting the following error:

/sforce.rb:100:in `reinitialize_server': undefined method `cookie' for
#<XMLRPC::Client:0x2beaf18> (NoMethodError)

I checked the XMLRPC class (which seems to come with Ruby) and it has an
attr_accessor for :cookie as well as a cookie variable in the initialize
method and yet I can't set/get it. I could really use a pointer in the
right direction here, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

Thanks,
David

6 Answers

Logan Capaldo

On Feb 8, 2006, at 5:19 PM, dishmael@windwardcg.com wrote:

> Hi all, hope this is the right place ...
>
> I just started learning Ruby and as my first project I'm trying to
> migrate
> a web front-end for SalesForce.com that was written in PHP. The
> old PHP
> site used SOAP to interact with SalesForce.com and that seems to work
> great so I figure I'd start hunting around for docs to see if
> anyone else
> had done the leg work (no point in reinventing the wheel and all).
>
> I didn't find anything on SOAP and the docs were cryptic to me
> (remember,
> I'm still learning this stuff). I did run across one site that used
> XMLRPC rather than SOAP so I decided to give that a try.
>
> When you connect/login to SalesForce.com they send you a session_id
> that
> needs to be placed in the HTTP header as a cookie. When I go to
> set it in
> the XMLRPC object:
>
> server = XMLRPC::Client.new(host, path)
> server.cookie = result['session_id']
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> ./sforce.rb:100:in `reinitialize_server': undefined method `cookie'
> for
> #<XMLRPC::Client:0x2beaf18> (NoMethodError)
>
> I checked the XMLRPC class (which seems to come with Ruby) and it
> has an
> attr_accessor for :cookie as well as a cookie variable in the
> initialize
> method and yet I can't set/get it. I could really use a pointer in
> the
> right direction here, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Well I don't know much (if anything) about XMLRPC or SOAP, but if you
want to try to work with the SOAP interface, this will probably help:
http://dev.ctor....

Ron Hamilton

Transition Zone wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2:01 pm, Wilson Woods <banm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Bill Steele wrote:
>>> Allowing a race in is race preference?
>> No, "allowing" isn't what they're doing. They're actively
>> discriminating in favor of certain races. That's race preference, and
>> it's racist.
>
> The only active thing that you are doing is lying.

No; no lying. Race preference *is* racist, by definition, and it is the
avowed policy of the left. Leftists are racists.

Transition Zone

On Aug 11, 3:46 pm, Wilson Woods <banm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Transition Zone wrote:
> >> No, "allowing" isn't what they're doing.  They're actively
> >> discriminating in favor of certain races.  That's race preference, and
> >> it's racist.
>
> > The only active thing that you are doing is lying.
>
> No; no lying.  Race preference *is* racist, by definition, and it is the
> avowed policy of the left.  Leftists are racists.

Wrong. The only glaringly obvious policy out there is this
constant conservative lying that you are doing.

You ought to get a hate-radio talk show, too.

Ron Hamilton

Transition Zone wrote:
> On Aug 11, 3:46 pm, Wilson Woods <banm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Transition Zone wrote:
>>> The only active thing that you are doing is lying.
>> No; no lying. Race preference *is* racist, by definition, and it is the
>> avowed policy of the left. Leftists are racists.
>
> Wrong.

No, right - and it has been right for several decades.

> The only glaringly obvious policy out there is this
> constant conservative lying that you are doing.

No lying, and I'm not a conservative. You, however, are a racist
leftist who believes race matters.

Transition Zone

On Aug 11, 4:58 pm, Wilson Woods <banm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> stupid *impotent* cheeselog lied:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:43:40 -0700 (PDT), Transition
> > Zone <mogu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> The only active thing that you are doing is lying.
>
> > [concession of defeat snipped for brevity]
>
> Concession noted and accepted.

You didn't deny that you are lying.

(that's the only thing noted)

Ron Hamilton

Transition Zone wrote:
> On Aug 11, 4:58 pm, Wilson Woods <banm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> stupid *impotent* cheeselog lied:

>>> [concession of defeat snipped for brevity]
>> Concession noted and accepted.
>
> You didn't deny that you are lying.

Of course I did, you stupid fuckwit. When I replied to your post
directly, I wrote:

No; no lying. Race preference *is* racist, by definition, and it is
the avowed policy of the left. Leftists are racists.

And you, of course, didn't deny that.