[ANN] My new Rails Site - eVokeTV

tbuser

jgbailey

Cool idea! Thanks for posting it. A little feedback (after my 5 minutes
perusing the site):

* I couldn't figure out what 'My Programs' did for me. Can I add my
favorite shows to it?
* UI as whole is very "engineer" looking - it could use a make over by
a slick graphic artist. I'll plug my own company here:
www.kinetictheoryinc.com. Give us a call ;)
* Most impressive feature: The TV show info that shows up in the right
hand side. Informative, nice AJAX style loading, and cool.

Good luck with it!

Tony Buser wrote:
> Someone else announced their new rails site earlier today and it just so
> happens I'm also excited to be launching my first one and wanted to help
> spread the word. Please forgive me, I don't mean to spam. :) It's being
> "launched" tomorrow at the Demo 2006 conference. (see: http:...)
>
> eVokeTV - http://e...
>
> Basically it's a TV Listings website with a few twists such as:
>
> * Realtime ajax chat rooms that connect you to other people that are also
> watching the show you're watching. (ie. if the show is also on right now in
> their schedule. Click on any show that is on right now then the TV Room
> button) Realtime show ratings to express how you feel about the show at any
> time which is then plotted on a line graph using the Gruff Graphing Library

tbuser

On 2/7/06, m4dc4p <jgbailey@gmail.com> wrote:

> * I couldn't figure out what 'My Programs' did for me. Can I add my
> favorite shows to it?

Yeah that isn't very clear, I added that paragraph to try to explain it.
Basically as you click on shows, you'll see star ratings in the yellow box.
Give a show a star rating and it will show up under My Programs.

* UI as whole is very "engineer" looking - it could use a make over by
> a slick graphic artist. I'll plug my own company here:
> www.kinetictheoryinc.com. Give us a call ;)

That would be because it was designed by an engineer, namely me. :) Like I
said, the interface needs some love. Hopeing to get some interest going and
some cash and the first thing I'm pushing for is to get a real graphic
designer.

Good luck with it!

Thanks!