Required Data Analyst with School Interoperability Framework

Sri Rao

2/7/2006 9:21:00 PM

Required Data Analyst with School Interoperability Framework

Location: Columbus,OHIO

DURATION: 8 MONHTS(LIKELY TO GET EXTENDED BASED ON CLIENT DISCRETION
BUT MOST LIKELY)

Rate: Competitive

ODE desires to procure a candidate with extensive experience and
expertise with education data, at both the state and federal level, and
experience in analysis and documentation related to data standards,
specifically the School Interoperability Framework (SIF)
specifications. The candidate should be able to deliver assignments in
a timely, high-quality manner. The STS vendor will state an hourly rate
for this work and bill monthly for requested support services at this
rate. The hours of support paid under this contract will not exceed
1600 hours.

Scope

This initiative is a time and material engagement for analysis and
technical documenting services not to exceed 1600 hours, ending no
later than December 2007,performing the following tasks:The resource
will conduct a detailed item-by-item analysis of the current EMIS data

elements to assess alignment with the SIF data standards and
specifications. If a standard does not already exist for a data
element, in collaboration with SIF, a standard would be created. Upon
completion of the EMIS SIF analysis, SIF analysis effort would then
extend from the EMIS data elements (vertical reporting from the locals
to the state) into the vertical reporting requirements of ODE to the
United States Department of Education

Skills Required

1. A minimum of 5 years experience in education data management at the
state,local or federal level.

2. Experience in performing analysis related to data standards,
specifically the School Interoperability Framework (SIF)

3. Experience with and knowledge of data collected by the U.S.
Department of Education

4. The candidate should be able to deliver assignments in a timely,
high-quality manner.Ohio Department of EducationProject Managers Office

5. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication
skills. This person should be capable of performing effectively in a
team, or alone andunsupervised.

6. Experience in documenting data element, data definitions and data
standards Project Management

The project will be managed by the Project Director and a Project
Manager (assigned by the ODE Project Manager Office (PMO)) using the
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework and
methodologies. Issues Management and Change Management are addressed
therein and the use of these processes will ensure adequate oversight
of the effort. All project communications will go through the Project
Director.

Status Reporting

The consultant will provide weekly written status reporting and
exception-level status reporting to the PMO project manager. The
consultant will participate in regular status briefings at the
manager's request.

Schedule

The consultant will be responsible for meeting all timelines designated
by the Project Director and the project manager. All work for this
project will be completed by December 1, 2007. The consultant will also
submit weekly timesheets to be signed by the Project Manager or a
person designated by the Project Manager. Vendor Personnel

The vendor must replace, in a timely manner, any personnel whose skills
the ODE.Project Director or Project Manager determines to be inadequate
to perform the tasks required. The vendor must obtain equally-qualified
replacement personnel for any personnel who become unavailable during
the course of the project.

Participation in Meetings

The consultant will participate in meetings with personnel or groups
recommended by the project manager and the project director.

Deliverables

This is not a deliverables based engagement, but based upon the nature
of the support,some enhancements may require a formal signoff and if
so, the following will apply.

Deliverable 01: Analysis and documentation that maps education data
elements to existing SIF standards - including identification

of the gaps where standards to not exist and assistance in working with
SIF to develop standards when gaps exist. This encompasses

the following data:

1. All data collected through the Education Management Information
System(EMIS) Ohio Department of Education Project Managers Office

2. All data required to be reported to the U.S. Dept. of Education for
purposes of the Performance Based Management Initiative (PBDMI)

3. All data required as part of the state and part of the federal
performance accountability system.

Thank you
Regards
Srikumar
srikumar@promega-cs.com

1 Answer

BeamMeUpScotty

On 8/8/2012 10:42 PM, wy wrote:
> On Aug 8, 10:31 pm, David Hartung <david@hotma*l.com> wrote:
>> On 08/08/2012 03:27 PM, Sid9 wrote:
>>

>>> RRRs take note. This is a long article that will be beyond your
>>> comprehension.
>>> Read with care.
>>
>>> Did Romney enable company's abusive tax shelter?
>>
>>> By Peter C. Canellos and Edward D. Kleinbard, Special to CNN
>>
>>> updated 11:36 AM EDT, Wed August 8, 2012
>>
>>> When Mitt Romney was audit chair at Marriott International, the company
>>> engaged in a series of abusive tax shelter activities.
>>
>>> STORY HIGHLIGHTS
>>> When Mitt Romney was audit chair at Marriott, company engaged in abusive
>>> tax shelter
>>> Peter Canellos, Edward Kleinbard:
>>
>>> Marriott tie shows Romney's professional ethics
>>
>>> They say Romney displays a consistent highly aggressive attitude towards
>>> tax obligations
>>> Canellos, Kleinbard: Romney was willing to bend the rules to seek an
>>> unfair tax advantage
>>
>>> Editor's note: Peter C. Canellos, a lawyer, is former chair of the New
>>> York State Bar Association Tax Section. Edward D. Kleinbard is a
>>> professor at Gould School of Law at the University of Southern
>>> California. He is the former chief of staff of Congress's Joint
>>> Committee on Taxation.
>>
>>> (CNN) -- Mitt Romney's refusal to release tax returns in the critical
>>> years of his income accumulation has done little to dispel the
>>> legitimate concern that arises from hints buried in his scant disclosure
>>> to date: Did he augment his wealth through highly aggressive tax
>>> stratagems of questionable validity?
>>
>>> Opinion: Why won't Romney release more tax returns?
>>
>>> One relevant line of inquiry, largely ignored so far, is to examine what
>>> exists in the public record regarding his attitude toward tax compliance
>>> and tax avoidance. While this examination is hampered because his
>>> dealings through his private equity company, Bain Capital, are kept
>>> shrouded, there are other indicators.
>>
>>> A key troubling public manifestation of Romney's apparent insensitivity
>>> to tax obligations is his role in Marriott International's abusive tax
>>> shelter activity.
>>
>>> Edward D. Kleinbard
>>
>>> Romney has had a close, long-standing, personal and business connection
>>> with Marriott International and its founders. He served as a member of
>>> the Marriott board of directors for many years. From 1993 to 1998,
>>> Romney was the head of the audit committee of the Marriott board.
>>
>>> During that period, Marriott engaged in a series of complex and
>>> high-profile maneuvers, including "Son of Boss," a notoriously abusive
>>> prepackaged tax shelter that investment banks and accounting firms
>>> marketed to corporations such as Marriott. In this respect, Marriott was
>>> in the vanguard of a then-emerging corporate tax shelter bubble that
>>> substantially undermined the entire corporate tax system.
>>
>>> Son of Boss and its related shelters represented perhaps the largest tax
> [...]
Good thing too, Reid and Pelosi refuse to show taxes and they are LIARS
too. They screwed up the economy and Obama is as dumb as both of those two.