Seeking Continuations Links

James Gray

2/1/2006 9:27:00 PM

Myself and a few others are trying to get together a "Playing Around
with Continuations" project. As a start, we are collecting any
resources we can find about them.

If you have links to any continuations related material, would you
please reply and post them here. I will start us off:

General Definition --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Con...

Ruby Based Tutorials --
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Con...
http://www.deepwood.net/~mikael/cont...

Ruby Examples --
http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Continuations+are+so+much...
+grasp+than+2ch

Ruby Projects Using (at least some) Continuations --
http://rubyforge.org/pro...

Other Languages --
http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2005/04/13/Continua...
Curmudgeons

Thanks for any links you can provide.

James Edward Gray II

11 Answers

Ara.T.Howard

gabriele renzi

James Edward Gray II ha scritto:

> If you have links to any continuations related material, would you
> please reply and post them here. I will start us off:

maybe useful:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CallWithCurrentCo... (and linked)
http://lambda-the-ultimate.o...
http://www.sidhe.org/~dan/blog/archives/0...
http://www.madore.org/~david/computers/c...

Also, I have a page in italian about a small part of what Kernel#callc
is.. but I don't think it is worth adding the link :)

Martin DeMello

James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Myself and a few others are trying to get together a "Playing Around
> with Continuations" project. As a start, we are collecting any
> resources we can find about them.
>
> If you have links to any continuations related material, would you
> please reply and post them here. I will start us off:

Don't miss the classic "sandwich" post:

http://groups.google.com/group/perl.perl6.language/msg/b0cfa7...

martin

james_b

James Edward Gray II wrote:
> Myself and a few others are trying to get together a "Playing Around
> with Continuations" project. As a start, we are collecting any
> resources we can find about them.

Is there a an online copy (video, I hope) of the continuations talk by
Jim Weirich and Chad Fowler from RubyConf05?

It was really quite good.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"

James Gray

On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:21 PM, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> trying to get a headache james? ;-)

<laughs> Probably.

I guess we figured there was safety in numbers, so... well... we
could get headaches together. :)

Thanks all for the terrific links.

James Edward Gray II

netghost

Headaches for all!

I have a feeling that contiuations are an excellent solution for a
problem I haven't found yet. Though I want to find this problem,
because I have a suspiscion that using continuations to solve it will
make me feel much cooler ;)

.adam

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:30 PM, James Britt wrote:

> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> Myself and a few others are trying to get together a "Playing
>> Around with Continuations" project. As a start, we are
>> collecting any resources we can find about them.
>
> Is there a an online copy (video, I hope) of the continuations talk
> by Jim Weirich and Chad Fowler from RubyConf05?
>
> It was really quite good.
>

> --
> James Britt
>
> "Blanket statements are over-rated"

Folks-

The video and audio from rubyconf 05 is still available on my blog:

http://brainspl.at/articles/2005/12/01/rubyconf-files-r...

And the Weirich and Fowler contibuations movie is here:

http://yhrhosting.com/rubyconf/FowlerAndWeiri...

Enjoy!
-Ezra

James Gray

On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> Folks-
>
> The video and audio from rubyconf 05 is still available on my blog:
>
> http://brainspl.at/articles/2005/12/01/rubyconf-files-r...
>
> And the Weirich and Fowler contibuations movie is here:
>
> http://yhrhosting.com/rubyconf/FowlerAndWeiri...

Are the unit tests from this talk, like when they implemented catch/
throw, available anywhere?

James Edward Gray II

Wilson Bilkovich

On 2/2/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>
> > Folks-
> >
> > The video and audio from rubyconf 05 is still available on my blog:
> >
> > http://brainspl.at/articles/2005/12/01/rubyconf-files-r...
> >
> > And the Weirich and Fowler contibuations movie is here:
> >
> > http://yhrhosting.com/rubyconf/FowlerAndWeiri...
>
> Are the unit tests from this talk, like when they implemented catch/
> throw, available anywhere?

Yep:
http://onestepback.org/articles/callcc/th...

I had the pleasure of attending that workshop. Very cool.

James Gray

On Feb 2, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Wilson Bilkovich wrote:

> Yep:
> http://onestepback.org/articles/callcc/th...
>
> I had the pleasure of attending that workshop. Very cool.

Wow, thank you. Trickiest 27 lines of code I ever wrote. :)

James Edward Gray II