Re: getting hostname from ruby

Berger, Daniel

1/31/2006 3:33:00 PM

require "socket"
Socket.gethostname

Regards,

Dan

1 Answer

Carrie

"george" <georgeculolias@hotmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 26, 6:31 am, "Carrie" <starchild1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Deborah" <debo...@modabelam.com> wrote in message

> >>1734. [...] For you DO have control over your mind, for the mind is
> >>the mechanism of decision.
>
> >>OK, Deborah says the "you" is the mind. Who are you who has control
> >>over your mind?
>
> >>thanks, maz
>
> > You do not think the mind can have control over itself?
>
> The way some here have written, blaming someone else for "making" them
> feel a certain way, making them mad, making them feel guilty/defensive,
> annoying them, etc. they do seem to feel they aren't in control of their
> own
> mind and choices.
> I ask (but no one answers) "if you don't make your own choices, in how you
> see/believe something, how you feel about it, what you think is right or
> wrong, etc who or what does this for you?"
> Are you the helpless victim of someone writing words on the computer
> screen?
> Not you, personally, but those who blame someone else for "making" them
> feel something they don't like.- Hide quoted text -

What you are talking about is not taking responsibility for one's own
actions. They made me do it. In truth, that is impossible.

Well, people here tell me I "do" things to them and I DON'T take
responsibility for my own words (all we have here are words)
Which somehow have effects on them, they have no choice or control over.