[QUIZ] Missing Solutions (#64

James Gray

1/31/2006 2:29:00 PM

Ross Bamford was kind enough to bring these to my attention and I
thought others might like to see them.

James Edward Gray II

Begin forwarded message:

> Anyway, the real reason I'm emailing is that I just found a couple
> of #64 solutions in the newsgroup that don't seem to have made it
> to the mailing list side.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/bebef4...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/025067...

5 Answers

Ryan Leavengood

The second one is a port of ACME::Bleach which was also done in Ruby
Quiz #34. There are a lot of other interesting things in the Perl ACME
libraries and that might be a goldmine of quick, fun ideas for this
quiz. Of course their usefulness might be in question.

Ryan

On 1/31/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Ross Bamford was kind enough to bring these to my attention and I
> thought others might like to see them.
>
> James Edward Gray II
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > Anyway, the real reason I'm emailing is that I just found a couple
> > of #64 solutions in the newsgroup that don't seem to have made it
> > to the mailing list side.
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/bebef4...
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/025067...

Berger, Daniel

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> The second one is a port of ACME::Bleach which was also done in Ruby
> Quiz #34. There are a lot of other interesting things in the Perl ACME
> libraries and that might be a goldmine of quick, fun ideas for this
> quiz. Of course their usefulness might be in question.
>
> Ryan

Please God, no, not a port of the ACME modules.

Dan

James Gray

On Jan 31, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:

> The second one is a port of ACME::Bleach which was also done in Ruby
> Quiz #34.

The poster did realize this:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/3d791b...

James Edward Gray II

amrangaye

Hi James.

I'm the author of one of those (the ACME one). I usually post stuff via
googlegroups. So do I have to post twice (the mailing list AND
googlegroups)? Or is there another way?

James Gray

On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:48 PM, amrangaye wrote:

> Hi James.
>
> I'm the author of one of those (the ACME one). I usually post stuff
> via
> googlegroups.

That's fine. Most times the gateway brings it over. I also try to
remember to look.

Just check the Ruby Quiz site a day or so and if you don't see your
solution, drop me a private reminder. Thanks. :)

James Edward Gray II