Announcing libruby-ntlm

Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault

1/31/2006

This Saturday, I spent some time coding an NTLM authentication module. It
can be found on my blog at
http://x2a.org/2006/01/29/update-on-schools-internet-access-lib...
12 Answers

tsumeruby

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 09:00 am, Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault wrote:
> This Saturday, I spent some time coding an NTLM authentication module. It
> can be found on my blog at
> http://x2a.org/2006/01/29/update-on-schools-internet-access-lib....
>
> I am announcing this here in the hope that somebody else might find this
> useful. I am also wondering if there are any patent concerns over NTLM
> authentication; if somebody could enlighten me, I would appreciate it very
> much.
>
> Also, I have not found any clean way to integrate NTLM authentication in
> Net::HTTP since the way ISA does authentication is pretty
> ugly/non-standard.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Jonathan

Intresting, I'll test out this library on the win2k3 servers. Intresting this
library would help with some apps which I don't want to create a separate
passwd file each time.

Tsume

Jason Sweat

On 1/30/06, Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault <joe@x2a.org> wrote:

miraclelurker

george wrote:
> On Jul 25, 8:40 pm, miraclelurker <miraclelur...@charter.net> wrote:
>> george wrote:
>>> Once, the worst night of my life. I have no idea why anyone would ever
>>> want to do that.
>> It can be a sacred substance if approached that way. Like everything
>> else it falls on intent.- Hide quoted text -

> I don't believe in sacred substances but substance abuse was by far
> the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, so I'm REALLY down on
> all mind altering drugs and alcohol. That's what keeps me sober and
> happy and the person I like.

It's not the drugs or alcohol it's the state of mind that abuses. Just
like it's not work but the workaholic. I guess we've found something
you oppose. :)

Gene Ward Smith

miraclelurker <miraclelurker@charter.net> rote in news:g6e6bb$npo$1@aioe.org:

> It can be a sacred substance if approached that way.

There aren't any sacred substances. That'd an oxymoron. It's what the Course
calls magic.

--
Change but your mind on what you want to see,
And all the world must change accordingly.

miraclelurker

george wrote:
> On Jul 25, 8:51 pm, Deborah <debo...@modabelam.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:19:08 -0700 (PDT), george
>>

>> <georgeculol...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Once, the worst night of my life. I have no idea why anyone would ever
>>> want to do that.
>> It's not for everyone. Some people are still in mental institutions
>> because of bad trips. But I was an atheist until my first LSD trip.
>> Never since then. I was observing a sunset on the beach and thinking
>> "This is art", and then thinking "There has to be an artist". I then
>> got introduced to Edgar Cayce, and Books I and II of "Our Search for
>> God", and I've never looked back. I've been on a spiritual path ever
>> since.
>>
>> Deborah (BC)- Hide quoted text -

> That's awesome how God can use anything!
>
> Do you mind me asking about the 8 years sober? If you do, forget I
> asked. I'm always curious about drug and alcohol stuff since it was so
> tough for me to stop. Why did you go back to alcohol? Didn't you like
> sobriety?

I was in AA for 13 years (sober) myself. I believe AA is right when it
talks about the persons spiritual condition. I have been drinking again
for years now and I have never had any interest in having more than one
drink, occasionally two. I have a very strong spiritual foundation.

miraclelurker

Gene wrote:
> miraclelurker <miraclelurker@charter.net> rote in news:g6e6bb$npo$1@aioe.org:
>
>> It can be a sacred substance if approached that way.
>
> There aren't any sacred substances. That'd an oxymoron. It's what the Course
> calls magic.

Actually it's neutral just like everything else.

george

On Jul 25, 8:58 pm, miraclelurker <miraclelur...@charter.net> wrote:
> george wrote:
> >> It can be a sacred substance if approached that way.  Like everything
> >> else it falls on intent.- Hide quoted text -

> > I don't believe in sacred substances but substance abuse was by far
> > the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, so I'm REALLY down on
> > all mind altering drugs and alcohol. That's what keeps me sober and
> > happy and the person I like.
>
> It's not the drugs or alcohol it's the state of mind that abuses.  Just
> like it's not work but the workaholic.  I guess we've found something
> you oppose. :)- Hide quoted text -

No I just don't do it. Others can and do what they want. Me oppose?
NEVER I say!

Carrie

"Lotus_Bloom" <dwallin@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
On Jul 25, 2:33 pm, Deborah <debo...@modabelam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), Lotus_Bloom
>

> <dwal...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> >On Jul 25, 1:55 pm, "gig" <os...@lycos.com> wrote:
> >> "Lotus_Bloom" <dwal...@tx.rr.com> wrote in message

> >> Drugs n. 1. Fool's gold.- Hide quoted text -

> >How so?
>
> He's right, in a way. Drugs can show you something, but you can't
> keep looking for it with the drugs, or you'll just become an addict.
> You have to find another doorway.
>
> Deborah (BC)- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, that's why I call it an opening. :)) I am not speaking to
addiction or chasing anything.

If a person (or persons overall) don't know what's possible, it makes it
harder, maybe impossible to find it.
Though, it seems like the person known as Jesus did. Just a quirk?

gig

"Lotus_Bloom" <dwallin@tx.rr.com> wrote in message
On Jul 25, 2:33 pm, Deborah <debo...@modabelam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), Lotus_Bloom
>

> <dwal...@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> >On Jul 25, 1:55 pm, "gig" <os...@lycos.com> wrote:
> >> "Lotus_Bloom" <dwal...@tx.rr.com> wrote in message

> >> Drugs n. 1. Fool's gold.- Hide quoted text -

> >How so?
>
> He's right, in a way. Drugs can show you something, but you can't
> keep looking for it with the drugs, or you'll just become an addict.
> You have to find another doorway.
>
> Deborah (BC)- Hide quoted text -

> > Yeah, that's why I call it an opening. :)) I am not speaking to
> > addiction or chasing anything.

But a fool (the ego) would think it's gold (the solution to happiness), and
start chasing it. Hence my definition, "fool's gold". :-)