Rails + Oracle

Robert H

1/30/2006 11:08:00 PM

I have tried every connection string on the Rails site and it will not
connect. I can create a regular dbi script and connect and pull out
data.

If someone is using Rails + Oracle can you post the relevent portions
of your connection string? Please?!

Robert

4 Answers

Michael Schoen

Robert Hicks wrote:
> I have tried every connection string on the Rails site and it will not
> connect. I can create a regular dbi script and connect and pull out
> data.
>
> If someone is using Rails + Oracle can you post the relevent portions
> of your connection string? Please?!

Not sure what you're looking for. If you can connect to the database
using sqlplus:

$ sqlplus user/pass@dbhost

then the following database.yml entry should work for you:

development:
adapter: oci
host: dbhost
username: user
password: pass

Steven Lumos

Robert H

I will try those but I believe I already have to no avail. I will try
and see.

Robert

Wilson Bilkovich

On 2/3/06, Robert Hicks <sigzero@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try those but I believe I already have to no avail. I will try
> and see.

If all else fails, strip the newlines from a full TNSNAMES.ORA entry,
and put it on the host line.
I've had to do that on crazy instantclient servers in the past.