Newbie, looking for a library

EdUarDo

1/30/2006 4:23:00 PM

Hello, I'm trying to test the ruby-activeldap libraries. I've installed the package
with gem tool, and my LOAD_PATH is:

ruby -e 'p $LOAD_PATH'

[".", "/home/eyp/Desarrollo/ruby/lib", "/home/eyp/Desarrollo/ruby/lib/sybase", "/usr/lib/ruby",
"/usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8", "/usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i386-linux", "/usr/lib/site_ruby", "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8",
"/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-linux", "."]

Of course, there is a /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-activeldap-0.6.0/lib/activeldap.rb file.

Well, if I do:

irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'activeldap'
LoadError: no such file to load -- activeldap
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1

same happens with another libraries like log4r, but if I go to the directory where the log4r.rb is and do
require 'log4r' it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

2 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On 01/02/06, EdUarDo <eduardo.yanezNOSPAM@nospamgmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to test the ruby-activeldap libraries. I've installed the package
> with gem tool, and my LOAD_PATH is:

require 'rubygems'
require 'activeldap'

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Steve

On 13 Jul 2010 02:56:50 GMT, rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>Steve <stevencanyon@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> rfischer@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_f...

>>>Is that supposed to be an answer, rightard? Looks a lot like the
>>>bullshitting of a dumbass who really hasn't a clue.
>>
>>That's what I thought, Fischer... You haven't a hint of a clue.. '
>
>Keep running away, rightard. It's what you right wing cowards do
>when confronted with the facts.

<LOL> Poor dumb Fischer is desperate to justify his need to suck the
government teat by trying to portray everyone else as being dependant
on the government....

>>Companies have to register their stock with the stock exchange.
>
>What has to happen before that, dumbass?

Like I said and you snipped... "The
process is regulated by FINRA."
--
....watching Obamma supporters wimp and whine about the economy... PRICELESS