Re: Scanning for more than one specific character with String#scan

Nuralanur

1/29/2006 5:44:00 PM

You can use

a.scan(/(s|k)/).

What's in between the '/ /' is called a "regular expression".
These regular expressions are used to find patterns in strings that you
can describe in an approximate way.
They're a powerful tool.
To see what's available, look at

_http://www.regular-expressi... (http://www.regular-express...)
.

Best regards,

Axel
10 Answers

Clinton Lissa Mcrae

Ramon is foreign transplant originally from Venezuela, probably a
beaner terrorist, and definitely a Fraud. Ramon F Herrera also goes by
"Cambridge Ray," "Google Poster," "Lucius Sanctimonious," and
"Hadron.".An ultra-left, open-borders pretend-American. He lives and
works in Houston, TX. Note that when you reply to a Proven Liar you
encourage them to continue lying.

Ramon F Herrera
13313 Cutten Rd, Apt 7102
Houston, TX 77069-2374

[][][][][][]
The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallof... asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:06:39 -0700 (PDT), Cambridge Ray
<ramon@conexus.net> wrote:
>Man, these babies seem to be made of the material used for motorcycle
>helmets...

They don't make motorcycle helmets from turd-colored crap..........

>http://tinyurl.c...
>Then again, it seems that the Hispanic Guardian Angels are working
>overtime.

God's Angels want turd-colored beaners to stay in their own
country........

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby thrown off multi-storey California parking garage dies
August 25, 2011
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/baby-thrown-off-multi-storey-california-parking-garage-dies/story-e6frfku0-1226121785501#ixz...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

Ramon F Herrera

On Jun 25, 5:20 pm, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
> "Ramon F Herrera" <gopos...@jonjay.com> wrote in messagenews:982fefbc-5084-4502-be25-0c578a800c29@j10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Jun 25, 10:05 am, Klaus Schadenfreude
> > <klausschadenfre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > You people just don't understand what "citizenship" means, do you?
>
> > I know that folks boasting to be "Real Americans" (*) are in direct
> > violation of the US Constitution.
>
> Ok, please cite the specific section of The Constitution of the United
> States of America which you think they are in violation of, explain in
> specific detail how and why this is the case, and then cite sources adequate
> to show that the overwhelming majority of "Real Americans" are in direct
> violation as you assert.
>
> Somehow, I predict you will either attempt to change the subject, divert the
> discussion to something else, evade or simply refuse to even attempt to
> support your claim above.
>
> You made the claim....let's see your proof there Ramon.

It's so simple, I am surprised you bother to ask. A person is either a
US citizen (ie, American) or not.

Any suggestion about "real" citizens contradicts the intended
dichotomy. Our Carta Magna does not allow space for bigots purporting
to be somehow "better" Americans.

Q.E.D.

-Ramon

ps: That is the reason Ted Kennedy rejected any suggestion of a "Path
to Legalization". It must be all the way, to Citizenship, as the
Founders in all their wisdom stated.

Scout

"Ramon F. Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in message
> On Jun 25, 5:20 pm, "Scout"
> <me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>> "Ramon F Herrera" <gopos...@jonjay.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:982fefbc-5084-4502-be25-0c578a800c29@j10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

>> > I know that folks boasting to be "Real Americans" (*) are in direct
>> > violation of the US Constitution.
>>
>> Ok, please cite the specific section of The Constitution of the United
>> States of America which you think they are in violation of, explain in
>> specific detail how and why this is the case, and then cite sources
>> adequate
>> to show that the overwhelming majority of "Real Americans" are in direct
>> violation as you assert.
>>
>> Somehow, I predict you will either attempt to change the subject, divert
>> the
>> discussion to something else, evade or simply refuse to even attempt to
>> support your claim above.
>>
>> You made the claim....let's see your proof there Ramon.
>
> It's so simple, I am surprised you bother to ask. A person is either a
> US citizen (ie, American) or not.

IOW, you can't back up your claim and as such my prediction is confirmed.

> Any suggestion about "real" citizens contradicts the intended
> dichotomy.

Sounds then like it's your problem, and nothing to do with "Real Americans"
as you call them.

> Our Carta Magna

If you mean Magna Carta the USA doesn't have one.

>does not allow space for bigots purporting
> to be somehow "better" Americans.

And yet here you are.....

Ramon F Herrera

On Jun 27, 7:38 pm, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
> "Real Americans" as you call them.

Actually, they are the ones who keep on using that designation,
purporting that only the extremist fringe fulfill the Constitutional
requirement. Go to any tea party event or scroll up and down. Visit
the Idaho compounds. Listen to Mrs. Limbaugh, Beck or Savage, Palin,
etc.

> Sounds then like it's your problem, and nothing to do with
> "Real Americans" as you call them.

Nope. It was the founders who had SERIOUS problems with the concept of
varying levels of "being an American". It is a discrete quality.

It is in fact, America's First Principle.

-Ramon

Ramon F Herrera

On Jun 27, 7:38 pm, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> And yet here you are.....

Of course, because the Founders are with me and I am with the
Founders.

-Ramon

> On Jun 27, 7:38 pm, "Scout"
> <me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
> > "Real Americans" as you call them.
>
> Actually, they are the ones who keep on using that designation,

As do you when referencing them.

> purporting that only the extremist fringe fulfill the Constitutional
> requirement.

<yawn>

And yet you still haven't show me what part of the Constitution you claim
they are in violation of and all the other parts of my challenge to you over
this.

Why is that?

>Go to any tea party event or scroll up and down. Visit
> the Idaho compounds. Listen to Mrs. Limbaugh, Beck or Savage, Palin,
> etc.

How many have you gone to?

> > Sounds then like it's your problem, and nothing to do with
> > "Real Americans" as you call them.
>
> Nope. It was the founders who had SERIOUS problems with the concept of
> varying levels of "being an American". It is a discrete quality.

Cite

> It is in fact, America's First Principle.

Cite.

And I note your removal of, and inability to support your claim that these
people are in direct violation of the Constitution.

Seems all you have is your empty unsupported assertions.

> On Jun 27, 7:38 pm, "Scout"
> <me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>
> > And yet here you are.....
>
> Of course, because the Founders are with me and I am with the
> Founders.

So you're dead and buried then?

Ramon F Herrera

On Jun 28, 1:05 am, "Scout"
<me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> > It is in fact, America's First Principle.
>
> Cite.

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration...

-Ramon

Gunner Asch

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:05:32 -0400, "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>"Ramon F. Herrera" <ramon@conexus.net> wrote in message
>> On Jun 27, 7:38 pm, "Scout"
>> <me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>>
>> > And yet here you are.....
>>
>> Of course, because the Founders are with me and I am with the
>> Founders.
>
>So you're dead and buried then?

Before the end of the year...he will be.

Percentages....

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.

Dawn E. Wheatley-Bingham

Ramon is foreign transplant originally from Venezuela, probably a
beaner terrorist, and definitely a Fraud. Ramon F Herrera also goes by
"Cambridge Ray," "Google Poster," "Lucius Sanctimonious," and
"Hadron.".An ultra-left, open-borders pretend-American. He lives and
works in Houston, TX. Note that when you reply to a Proven Liar you
encourage them to continue lying.

Ramon F Herrera
13313 Cutten Rd, Apt 7102
Houston, TX 77069-2374

[][][][][][]
The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallof... asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Tue, 15 May 2012 17:28:10 -0700 (PDT), Ramon F Herrera
<goposter@jonjay.com> wrote:
>I don't get the Mormons: It seems that if they marry two women in the
>same ceremony it is okay, but if the ceremonies are separate, it is a
>sin?
>Is the sin due to the women not knowing each other?
>Maybe their laws say that they must have 3 women or more??

Do Mormons practice polygamy?
President Gordon B. Hinckley, prior president of The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints made the following statement in 1998 about
the Church?s position on plural marriage:

?This Church has nothing whatever to do with those practicing
polygamy. They are not members of this Church.... If any of our
members are found to be practicing plural marriage, they are
excommunicated, the most serious penalty the Church can impose. Not
only are those so involved in direct violation of the civil law, they
are in violation of the law of this Church.?
http://mormon.org/faq/practice-of-polygamy?gclid=COOG8dLbg7ACFQSy...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...