Howto suppress a warning "insecure world writeable .." in Ruby 1.8.4 ?

Nuralanur

1/25/2006 11:49:00 AM

Dear all,

I would like to know how to suppress a warning

warning: Insecure world writable dir ...

in Ruby 1.8.4.

I get this especially using Erik Veenstra's
superb rubyscript2exe program. (He has been
describing that problem in his Documentation, too.)
It is a problem that was not present in Ruby 1.8.2,
but I would like not to have to install Ruby twice....

Thank you for your help,

Axel
2 Answers

Erik Veenstra

> I would like to know how to suppress a warning
>
> warning: Insecure world writable dir ...
>
> in Ruby 1.8.4.
>
> I get this especially using Erik Veenstra's superb
> rubyscript2exe program. (He has been describing that problem
> in his Documentation, too.) It is a problem that was not
> present in Ruby 1.8.2, but I would like not to have to
> install Ruby twice....

You could delete line 4076 in file.c of Ruby 1.8.4... :)

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

Ara.T.Howard